    disable NAT, telnet to the router, [on Windows: Start, Run, type "telnet
    (LAN IP address of the router)"], enter menu 4, use the space bar to toggle
    Single User Account (NAT) to NO, press enter through the menu to save.

    boomo, Nov 24, 2004

  2. boomo

    Rick Merrill Guest

    boomo wrote:
    > i have a netgear router rp114, and email support sent me this as a way of
    > disabling router feature and just using it as a hub. This is exactly what
    > they sent, but somethings not right. any help appreciated on how i do this.
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > In order to use router RP114 as a hub please disable the NAT feature.

    That is correct. What is "not right?"

    Rick Merrill, Nov 24, 2004

  3. boomo

    doS Guest

    Why do you want to do this?

    doS, Nov 24, 2004
  4. boomo

    boomo Guest

    what is not right is how i was told to do it.
    it doesnt work, because the guys instructions are not correct.

    boomo, Nov 24, 2004
  5. boomo

    doS Guest

    If you are sure they aren't correct, why did you have to ask for help?

    doS, Nov 24, 2004
  6. boomo

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 17:50:54 -0500, boomo wrote:

    >what is not right is how i was told to do it.
    >it doesnt work, because the guys instructions are not correct.

    So are you saying that on, Menu 4 - Internet Access Setup
    you don't see 'Single User Account= Yes' at the bottom of that screen?

    Check the manual on the netgear site, you may also need to do the most
    current firmware upgrade. Check the Netgear site.

    >"Rick Merrill" <> wrote in message
    >> boomo wrote:
    >> > i have a netgear router rp114, and email support sent me this as a way

    >of
    >> > disabling router feature and just using it as a hub. This is exactly

    >what
    >> > they sent, but somethings not right. any help appreciated on how i do

    >this.
    >> >
    >> > thanks
    >> >
    >> > In order to use router RP114 as a hub please disable the NAT feature.

    >> That is correct. What is "not right?"

    >> > disable NAT, telnet to the router, [on Windows: Start, Run, type "telnet
    >> > (LAN IP address of the router)"], enter menu 4, use the space bar to

    >toggle
    >> > Single User Account (NAT) to NO, press enter through the menu to save.

    Me

    why?, Nov 25, 2004
  7. boomo

    Dodo Guest

    Disable DHCP on the router and plug computers into the LAN ports. Do not use
    the WAN port.

    Dodo, Nov 25, 2004
  8. boomo

    Dodo Guest

    Connecting a modem to a LAN port may require a crossover cable.

    Dodo, Nov 25, 2004