    since they work with XP Pro X64?
    --
    Denise
    Denise, Jun 28, 2008

  2. It is very likely that most if not all your drivers will either be on the
    Vista x64 dvd or available on Windows Update immediately following
    installation. Of course you need to check the device mfgs to make sure, but
    a computer that runs XP Pro x64 should not be any problem with Vista x64.
    One class of devices that does seem to give folks a problem are the wireless
    network adaptors. For some reason driver support for even Vista x64 has
    been slow. Unfortunately the Vista Upgrade Advisor cannot help because it
    only works on 32bit XP so take your time and so your research.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 28, 2008

  3. Denise

    Denise Guest

    As long as Vista x64 won't have a problem with my hardware, should have no
    problem with software. If my XP Pro x64 programs don't work with Vista x64,
    I'll delete them and download the ones made for Vista x64 . . . there aren't
    that many. I don't have a network set up so I won't have a problem there.

    Another question, though, just to make sure . . . my pc is SATA. Does SATA
    work with Vista x64?

    --
    Denise

    Denise, Jun 28, 2008
  4. SATA is its preferred protocol. It is PATA drives that sometimes are
    tricky. Vista just loves SATA drives.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 28, 2008
  5. Denise

    Denise Guest

    Sometime in the near future I'll be switching to Vista x64 then. Thanks for
    your help and advice.
    --
    Denise

    Denise, Jun 28, 2008
  6. You're welcome.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 28, 2008
  7. Denise

    Bender Guest

    One additional plus for upgrading to Vista x64 is that when you go into a
    store and see a device with the Vista logo, it will also support the 64 bit
    versions of Vista. That is one of the Vista logo requirements.

    Bender, Jun 28, 2008
  8. Denise

    Jeff Gaines Guest

    On 28/06/2008 in message
    <> Bender wrote:

    >One additional plus for upgrading to Vista x64 is that when you go into a
    >store and see a device with the Vista logo, it will also support the 64
    >bit versions of Vista. That is one of the Vista logo requirements.

    That has to be one of the best moves MSFT made.

    --
    Jeff Gaines Damerham Hampshire UK
    There are 3 types of people in this world. Those who can count, and those
    Jeff Gaines, Jun 28, 2008
  9. Denise

    Denise Guest

    That's a good thing to know. Thanks