Switching from Ad Hoc to access point mode and visa-versa

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Laery, Jan 17, 2005.

  1. Laery

    Laery Guest

    Hi,

    I'm currently working on an application where a ppc2003 device prints
    to a mobile network printer using point-to-point wifi connection.
    (both fixed IP).

    For communication with the PC a FTP server is started on the handheld
    which is connected to a wifi-router which is connected to the pc using
    a cable.

    The problem:
    The printer is point-to-point (you cannot take the accesspoint with
    you on the street).
    The communication with the PC is using an access-point. (There can be
    several devices, more than 50, at an office location)

    Currently the switch in connection mode has to be done manually using
    the supplies driver GUI. Is there away to do it using an API from
    windows?

    Each handheld and printer has a unique IP but the same SSID and WEP.
    (same as the accesspoint)

    Or can something be done on the PC so that it connects to the
    terminals one by one.

    Regards
    Laery
    Laery, Jan 17, 2005

  2. Yes, you can do it via the Windows Zero Config API. When you call
    WZCSetInterface(), you'd set the infrastructure mode field of the structure
    one way or the other.

    Paul T.

    Paul G. Tobey [eMVP], Jan 17, 2005