Switching btwn Nortal - Cisco C500

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by knmurali1, Jul 30, 2008.

  1. knmurali1

    knmurali1

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    HI

    In my Scenario
    we have a NORTAL Switch where all the LAN (LAN-A)is connected and also Acting as a Fiber Uplink to FLOOR B in the same building.

    We dont have any connectivity details, Ip details, Vlan Details, Admin Access to the NORTAL SWITCH except all the lan is connected to the Switch and Operating in 192.168.40.X range.

    I have bought a NEW CISCO C500 Switch and had configured it with TWO VLANS "NATIVE VLAN -1 " (40.X), "'Cisco-Voice' -50"(50.x),.
    In C500 i hv configured "Fa24" port as Trunk- SWITCH with Native Vlan -1 ( since C500 has only GUI you would choose smart port as desired Macro 'Switch,Router,IPphone+Desktop,Accesspoint) and have uplinked/connected to NORTAL Switch's "Fa1" port (this was connected to my desktop and working one).

    Every thing seems quite normal event both side Switch LEDs are showing GREEN in color and with Activity no error no Amber. My pc which is connected to the C500 - Fa5 (part of Native/Voice Vlan) is not able PING the machine in the NORTAL Switch nor any other device!@!!!

    but if i replace C500-cisco switch with "Dlink BAsic" Switch everything works fine ....

    Any suggestions …? Pls help me to sort this out.

    Best Regards,

    knmurali1, Jul 30, 2008