    annoying. Is there a way to prevent this from happening. It would be nice,
    for example if in order to switch to a different program I would need to
    click on that program in the taskbar.

    Dick Worland, Feb 23, 2004

  2. Dick Worland

    °Mike° Guest

    Install TweakUI and in 'General / Focus' check 'Prevent
    applications from stealing focus'.
    http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/tweakui

    On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 12:39:21 -0600, in
    <>
    Dick Worland scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Feb 23, 2004

  3. Dick Worland

    Robbo Guest

    > As I move my pointer across the monitor with more than one open program
    the
    > screen switches to what ever program the pointer rests on. This is very
    > annoying. Is there a way to prevent this from happening. It would be nice,
    > for example if in order to switch to a different program I would need to
    > click on that program in the taskbar.

    http://www.certificationsuccess.com/index.cfm?pageid=289&siteid=1

    Prevent other Applications from Stealing Focus
    To prevent applications from stealing the focus from the window you
    are working

    1.. Start Regedit
    2.. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Control Panel \ Desktop
    3.. Edit the key ForegroundLockTimeout
    4.. Give it a value of 00030d40

    Robbo, Feb 23, 2004