    anyway dealing with this problem. Would someone please point me in the right
    direction for such instructions or offer advice of normal settings for a 17"
    monitor? Thanks very much in advance.

    Viewasku1977, Nov 12, 2003

  2. Viewasku1977

    Rob Guest

    Viewasku1977 wrote:
    > I just changed to a larger monitor and resized my desktop. This is a
    > 17" monitor. I've been playing around with the monitor settings and
    > have been able to change the horizontal and the vertical of the
    > screen. I've notice that the left side of the top of the screen is
    > higher up than the right! Same goes for the bottom of the screen. I
    > haven't found a setting for adjusting an uneven screen. There's
    > plenty of information on the web for resizing pixels, but I'm not
    > finding much on adjusting monitor settings--the kind of information I
    > want anyway dealing with this problem. Would someone please point me
    > in the right direction for such instructions or offer advice of
    > normal settings for a 17" monitor? Thanks very much in advance.

    That's an adjustment that has to be made in the monitor itself. Not all
    monitors have the ability to adjust that. Read the manual for the monitor
    to see what settings are possible.

    Rob, Nov 12, 2003

  3. Viewasku1977

    °Mike° Guest

    That's what you get when you alter settings that should
    not normally be altered. Try using a test card to line up
    the graphics.

    Video Monitor Test Pattern Tutorials
    http://brighamrad.harvard.edu/research/topics/vispercep/tutorial.html

    Monitor Calibration Wizard
    http://www.hex2bit.com/products/product_mcw.asp

    Monitor Tester
    http://www.geocities.com/tvdarekz/

    On 12 Nov 2003 01:13:21 GMT, in
    <>
    Viewasku1977 scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Nov 12, 2003
  4. Viewasku1977

    SgtMinor Guest

    On my monitor it's a menu option under the heading 'geometry.'

    In addition to other links provided, check this out for a boatload of
    monitor checking & calibrating freeware:
    http://www.benchmarkhq.ru/english.html?/be_monitor.html

    SgtMinor, Nov 12, 2003
  5. Viewasku1977

    MayB Guest

    "Viewasku1977" <> wrote in message
    > I just changed to a larger monitor and resized my desktop. This is a 17"
    > monitor. I've been playing around with the monitor settings and have been

    able
    > to change the horizontal and the vertical of the screen. I've notice that

    the
    > left side of the top of the screen is higher up than the right! Same goes

    for
    > the bottom of the screen. I haven't found a setting for adjusting an

    uneven
    > screen. There's plenty of information on the web for resizing pixels,

    but I'm
    > not finding much on adjusting monitor settings--the kind of information I

    want
    > anyway dealing with this problem. Would someone please point me in the

    right
    > direction for such instructions or offer advice of normal settings for a

    17"
    > monitor? Thanks very much in advance.

    When originally assembled, the yoke over your crt (cathode ray tube) was not
    properly aligned in rotation. The fix is to reorient that yoke (not to be
    undertaken by less than an experienced technician). However, it is a simple
    fix and your local shop tech should do it for a nominal charge.

    MayB, Nov 12, 2003
  6. Viewasku1977

    Viewasku1977 Guest

    >On my monitor it's a menu option under the heading 'geometry.'

    Where is the menu option? I remember seeing the word geometry somewhere...

    Viewasku1977, Nov 12, 2003
  7. Viewasku1977

    SgtMinor Guest

    Viewasku1977 wrote:

    > >On my monitor it's a menu option under the heading 'geometry.'
    > >

    > Where is the menu option? I remember seeing the word geometry somewhere...

    On this monitor (Sony E500), there's a button under the bezel that, when
    pressed, brings up an on-screen menu with eight options, geometry being
    one of them. If you'll look at the info on the rear of your monitor you
    should be able to Google and find the manufacturer's website.

    SgtMinor, Nov 12, 2003