Switch to Linux - a beginners guide

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Au79, Aug 30, 2007.

  1. Au79

    Au79 Guest

    Au79, Aug 30, 2007

  2. Au79

    lee houston Guest

    Au79 wrote:
    > By vivek
    >
    > This website is run by a non-profit organization, GNU/Linux Matters,
    > to promote GNU/Linux amongst everyday users. We believe in a
    > widespread use of free software - as part of a truly free society...

    A good site, but even easier and less risk is 'wubi'.
    "Wubi will allow you to install and uninstall Ubuntu as any other application.
    If you heard about Ubuntu and Linux, if you wanted to try them but you were
    afraid, this is for you. Wubi is Safe Wubi does not require you to modify the
    partitions of your PC, or to use a different bootloader. Wubi is Simple Just
    run the installer, no need to burn a CD. Wubi is Discrete Wubi keeps most of
    the files in one folder, and If you do not like, you can simply uninstall it."

    http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Wubi-Download-79148.html
    lee houston, Aug 30, 2007