Switch Router vlans l2 l3 help

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Anis, May 4, 2007.

  1. Anis

    Anis Guest

    Hi i have Switch he is layer2 and have Router Layer3
    when i make on switch 2 vlans with difrent subnets
    192.168.0.10/24-vlan1(default) and 172.18.0.10/24(vlan100) then they can not
    see, i know i need to make something on router only what maybe can help me
    something like logical interface

    interface fastethernet 0/0.100
    ip address 172.18.0.1 255.255.255.0
    description for vlan 100

    and i ge this when i try to setup ip address on logical interface
    % Configuring IP routing on a LAN subinterface is only allowed if that
    subinterface is already configured as part of an IEEE 802.10, IEEE 802.1Q,
    or ISL vLAN.

    and interface fastethernet 0/0
    ip address 192.168.0.1 255.255.255.0
    desscription for vlan 1 default

    pls help how to make that 2 vlans can see ....

    Anis, May 4, 2007

  2. Anis

    Trendkill Guest

    On May 4, 2:14 am, "Anis" <> wrote:
    > Hi i have Switch he is layer2 and have Router Layer3
    > when i make on switch 2 vlans with difrent subnets
    > 192.168.0.10/24-vlan1(default) and 172.18.0.10/24(vlan100) then they can not
    > see, i know i need to make something on router only what maybe can help me
    > something like logical interface
    >
    > interface fastethernet 0/0.100
    > ip address 172.18.0.1 255.255.255.0
    > description for vlan 100
    >
    > and i ge this when i try to setup ip address on logical interface
    > % Configuring IP routing on a LAN subinterface is only allowed if that
    > subinterface is already configured as part of an IEEE 802.10, IEEE 802.1Q,
    > or ISL vLAN.
    >
    > and interface fastethernet 0/0
    > ip address 192.168.0.1 255.255.255.0
    > desscription for vlan 1 default
    >
    > pls help how to make that 2 vlans can see ....

    Is the switch a layer 3 switch? Is the router a separate device? If
    so, you need to trunk the VLANs out to the router and assign the IPs
    there and ensure routing is turned on. If this is a layer 3 switch,
    then you need to put the fast ethernets in vlans, create the vlans
    (interface VLAN1), give them IP addresses, and turn up routing.

    Trendkill, May 4, 2007