switch performance

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by edi, Apr 13, 2006.

  1. edi

    edi Guest

    Hello all

    I have problem with:
    I have network with several switch cisco 4006 and dell 5324, they work in
    l2, snmp with mrtg show that traffic on the trunk is about 300-400 Mbit/s.
    There is some short timeout between servers and databases. I must to prove
    that with network layer, with switch is evrything ok. Everywhere i make
    logging to syslog in debug mode and there isn't any error or disturbing
    entry. So i make a simple script that ping from one server to all servers
    and databases, every hour, with the packet size 4096. Per 3600 packets i
    lost 10-20 packets that is below 1%. I think that 10-20 packets is not
    many but..
    I have doubt that is good method to prove that with switch is everything ok.
    Do You know better, more precise method?

    thanks for help or some clue

    best regards
    Edi

    edi, Apr 13, 2006