    be able to switch (like the old printers switches) to the line I want
    to use? Thanks in advance
    , Mar 27, 2006

  2. wrote:
    > Hi, as most of you are aware, Linksys PAP2 doesn't have an FXO
    > connector. My question is: Is there any device, like a splitter with a
    > switch, in a way I could connect my telephone set to it, and manually
    > be able to switch (like the old printers switches) to the line I want
    > to use? Thanks in advance

    You should have probably bought an SPA 3000, since there's now a linksys
    version (cost reduction model), It's quite cheap. (£55.40 inc VAT from
    redstore).

    Although, the one I ordered from them on the 10th has still not been
    despatched and they haven't responded to my emails.
    Thomas Kenyon, Mar 27, 2006

  3. Guest

    Thanks a lot, I already knew the new SPA3000 but I just make VoIP calls
    2 or 3 times a week...so I didn't want to spend 30 extra quids. If I
    don't find a "mechanical switch" I'll manually change the cables every
    time I need to do a call..
    Thanks anyway for your reply.
    , Mar 27, 2006
  4. Scope Guest

    wrote:
    > Thanks a lot, I already knew the new SPA3000 but I just make VoIP calls
    > 2 or 3 times a week...so I didn't want to spend 30 extra quids. If I
    > don't find a "mechanical switch" I'll manually change the cables every
    > time I need to do a call..
    > Thanks anyway for your reply.

    Have a look at the "combine-a-line", I am using it on 2 VoIP lines and
    it works great. Automatically switches incoming calls. Dont know how
    well it works with a PSTN line though (but it should).
    Scope, Mar 27, 2006
  5. Tim Guest

    wrote:
    > Thanks a lot, I already knew the new SPA3000 but I just make VoIP calls
    > 2 or 3 times a week...so I didn't want to spend 30 extra quids. If I
    > don't find a "mechanical switch" I'll manually change the cables every
    > time I need to do a call..

    http://www.provu.co.uk/provu_ata1100.html

    Would have done you.

    It is a very simple ATA with FXS to FXO passthrough.
    It has a button on the top that lets you easier switch between VoIP and
    PSTN.

    ProVu are only selling them through approved service providers.

    Tim
    Tim, Mar 28, 2006