Switch ACL config (3550-SMI)

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by essenz, Aug 25, 2009.

  1. essenz

    essenz Guest

    So I am not too familiar with switch ACLs, I mainly used ASA or PIX.

    But I have an environment where I want to do switch-based ACL
    security.
    I have a 3550 with Std Multilayer Image.

    There is a single server on this switch, and my security goal is to
    block all tcp/udp ports except for FTP.

    So far everything I tried doesn't work.

    This is what I have tried so far:

    conf t
    interface FastEthernet 0/2
    ip access-group 150 in
    exit
    access-list 150 deny ip any any
    access-list 150 permit tcp any any eq ftp
    exit

    The above config ends up blocking all access, and ftp will not get
    through.
    essenz, Aug 25, 2009