    No, I don't want any comment about the "spoof"
    details, thanks.
    Remove the "dot's" to reply.

    Nick, Jul 3, 2005

  2. Nick

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Nick" <> wrote in message
    news:O4Vxe.22177$%...
    > As per title folks.
    >
    > Have two of these phones minus power supplies.
    > Ideally would like to know the voltage, current
    > and polarities in the connector these units require.
    > Or if anyone can provide info for original power
    > supply unit, supplier, price etc it would be very
    > much appreciated.
    >
    > Yes it is me Ivor.
    > No, I don't want any comment about the "spoof"
    > details, thanks.
    > Remove the "dot's" to reply.

    I never said a word, Fred <g>

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jul 3, 2005

  3. Nick

    Nick Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message

    > "Nick" <> wrote in message
    > > As per title folks.
    > >
    > > Have two of these phones minus power supplies.
    > > Ideally would like to know the voltage, current
    > > and polarities in the connector these units require.
    > > Or if anyone can provide info for original power
    > > supply unit, supplier, price etc it would be very
    > > much appreciated.
    > >
    > > Yes it is me Ivor.
    > > No, I don't want any comment about the "spoof"
    > > details, thanks.
    > > Remove the "dot's" to reply.

    > I never said a word, Fred <g>
    >
    > Ivor

    That's OK Bert.

    Nick, Jul 3, 2005
  4. Nick

    Alan Foster Guest

    On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 17:17:34 GMT, Nick <> wrote:

    > Have two of these phones minus power supplies.
    > Ideally would like to know the voltage, current
    > and polarities in the connector these units require.
    > Or if anyone can provide info for original power
    > supply unit, supplier, price etc it would be very
    > much appreciated.

    Just bought a IC 10S myself this very morning at the computer fair. Been
    doing some research on this very subject.

    1. The phone is wired for POE and only needs a plugtop supply if POE is
    not available.

    2. Can't find a source for the plugtop supplies anywhere!

    3. The POE spec is 48VDC... can't remember which pins are which, but the
    802.3af spec can be found on the web if you're really interested.

    4. Be aware that the voltage expected in the plugtop supply socket is
    likely to be much lower than 48V... the POE connection undoubtedly goes
    through voltage drop and regulation. As there is insufficient information
    (like none) available from Swissvoice a seperate supply seems to be out of
    the question.

    5. THE GOOD NEWS... Solwise are expecting a supply of an inexpensive POE
    injectors this week... with p&p and VAT it's about 22 GBP. It's more than
    I paid for the phone, but I'm going to give it a go. I'll be ordering one
    ASAP.

    Alan.

    Alan Foster, Jul 3, 2005
  5. Nick

    Nick Guest

    "Alan Foster" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 17:17:34 GMT, Nick <> wrote:
    >

    > > Have two of these phones minus power supplies.
    > > Ideally would like to know the voltage, current
    > > and polarities in the connector these units require.
    > > Or if anyone can provide info for original power
    > > supply unit, supplier, price etc it would be very
    > > much appreciated.
    > >

    > Just bought a IC 10S myself this very morning at the computer fair. Been
    > doing some research on this very subject.
    >
    > 1. The phone is wired for POE and only needs a plugtop supply if POE is
    > not available.
    >
    > 2. Can't find a source for the plugtop supplies anywhere!
    >
    > 3. The POE spec is 48VDC... can't remember which pins are which, but the
    > 802.3af spec can be found on the web if you're really interested.
    >
    > 4. Be aware that the voltage expected in the plugtop supply socket is
    > likely to be much lower than 48V... the POE connection undoubtedly goes
    > through voltage drop and regulation. As there is insufficient information
    > (like none) available from Swissvoice a seperate supply seems to be out of
    > the question.
    >
    > 5. THE GOOD NEWS... Solwise are expecting a supply of an inexpensive POE
    > injectors this week... with p&p and VAT it's about 22 GBP. It's more than
    > I paid for the phone, but I'm going to give it a go. I'll be ordering one
    > ASAP.
    >
    > Alan.

    Thanks Alan,

    Not much to go on but better than nothing.

    Wonder which computer fair you bought yours from?

    Nick, Jul 3, 2005