    but with errors, is displayed on the status bar.)

    Where does the SWROBJECT.JS file belong, and if I can copy it from somewhere
    and copy it to my machine, where do I get it?

    Jeff Strickland, Mar 1, 2010

  2. Jeff Strickland

    JD Guest

    On 01/03/2010 4:51 PM, Jeff Strickland wrote:
    > I'm having trouble running the Flash10 ActiveX add-on in a Vista/IE8
    > environment. The page I want to display says "Done, but with errors," on the
    > Status Bar, and the error report goes a bit deeper into programming than I
    > know how.
    >
    > The error calls out a Line and Character in a java script file, but I don't
    > know how to proceed.
    >
    > The screen display says DETECTING FLASH VERSION (or a similar message that
    > has this meaning) if I go to the main page then click on the link to get the
    > ActiveX content that I'm interested in. (If I follow a link sent by e-mail
    > that goes straight to the page, then the screen is blank but the error, Done
    > but with errors, is displayed on the status bar.)
    >
    > Where does the SWROBJECT.JS file belong, and if I can copy it from somewhere
    > and copy it to my machine, where do I get it?

    I see you have been having problems with your IE/Active-x/Flash, I dont
    use IE8 but have you tried creating another user account?, this will let
    you try out IE8 with the default settings it may help you out
    troubleshooting, as for where the Java Script file goes (*.JS) its
    probably loaded from the page into the temp internet folder (this is
    only a guess tho)

    JD

    JD, Mar 1, 2010

  3. "JD" <> wrote in message
    > On 01/03/2010 4:51 PM, Jeff Strickland wrote:
    >> I'm having trouble running the Flash10 ActiveX add-on in a Vista/IE8
    >> environment. The page I want to display says "Done, but with errors," on
    >> the
    >> Status Bar, and the error report goes a bit deeper into programming than
    >> know how.
    >>
    >> The error calls out a Line and Character in a java script file, but I
    >> don't
    >> know how to proceed.
    >>
    >> The screen display says DETECTING FLASH VERSION (or a similar message
    >> that
    >> has this meaning) if I go to the main page then click on the link to get
    >> the
    >> ActiveX content that I'm interested in. (If I follow a link sent by
    >> e-mail
    >> that goes straight to the page, then the screen is blank but the error,
    >> Done
    >> but with errors, is displayed on the status bar.)
    >>
    >> Where does the SWROBJECT.JS file belong, and if I can copy it from
    >> somewhere
    >> and copy it to my machine, where do I get it?
    >>

    > I see you have been having problems with your IE/Active-x/Flash, I dont
    > use IE8 but have you tried creating another user account?, this will let
    > you try out IE8 with the default settings it may help you out
    > troubleshooting, as for where the Java Script file goes (*.JS) its
    > probably loaded from the page into the temp internet folder (this is only
    > a guess tho)
    >
    > JD

    I've done more research since I first asked, and the SWFOBJECT.JS appears to
    me to be required to create Flash content. That is, it goes into the page
    being viewed, not into the computer viewing the pages. I thought I could get
    the file and drop it into my machine to fix the trouble, but the code
    actually goes into the site I'm visiting, which then looks at my machine
    when I click the content and determines if I have the correct Flash ActiveX
    add-on.

    I used the Adobe Uninstaller to remove the Flash10, then went back to the
    page with the content that I want to look at and it reported I did not have
    the correct version of Flash, and installed it. The content is still not
    viewable.

    The content works on other Vista machines that I have access to, and it
    works on all of the XP machines in my collection, so it has to be a setting
    in the offended Vista machine.

    If you have Vista and want to test my problem, visit marykay.com and look at
    the Virtual Makeover.

    Jeff Strickland, Mar 1, 2010
  4. Re: SWFOBJECT.JS -- Update

    It's the User Account Control (UAC).

    Start>Control Panel>User Account

    There is one account on the machine, and it's an Administrator level
    account, but the security protocols are stupid, and the administrator can't
    access potentially harmful content. Anyhow, I figured out that if I disable
    the UAC, then the machine will open Flash content.

    Jeff Strickland, Mar 1, 2010