  1. hello ,i have norton antivirus ,it keeps quaranteeing a worm called swen ,
    does anyone know if there is a way to stop from getting mail from swen all
    the time ,constantly ,like 20 times a day

    barbaradonovan, Oct 7, 2003

  2. barbaradonovan

    Plato Guest

    barbaradonovan wrote:

    > hello ,i have norton antivirus ,it keeps quaranteeing a worm called swen ,
    > does anyone know if there is a way to stop from getting mail from swen all
    > the time ,constantly ,like 20 times a day

    You cant stop folks nor the bug from sending you email. Personally, I
    just dont
    download viruses.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Oct 7, 2003

  3. barbaradonovan

    °Mike° Guest

    Create a rule (**it MUST be the very first rule**) that states
    any (FROM) address NOT in your address book is deleted from
    the server, and "Stop processing more rules".

    You could also use Magic Mail Monitor
    http://mmm3.sourceforge.net/

    You can make a filter for MMM by saving the following
    as Swen.txt and add a filter:
    Name: Swen
    Mailbox: *
    <Header> Includes $Swen.txt
    Check: Delete from the server.

    ***** <--- Omit this line
    <iframe src=3D"cid
    TITLE=3D"Microsoft Home Site" target=3D"_top">Microsoft</A>
    this is the latest version of security update
    ***** <--- Omit this line

    On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 23:40:18 GMT, in
    <C3ngb.419890$>
    barbaradonovan scrawled:

    >hello ,i have norton antivirus ,it keeps quaranteeing a worm called swen ,
    >does anyone know if there is a way to stop from getting mail from swen all
    >the time ,constantly ,like 20 times a day

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Oct 7, 2003
  4. barbaradonovan

    °Mike° Guest

    Actually, 'Stop processing more rules' will be irrelevant, and
    disabled when you choose 'Delete from the server', so just
    ignore that little faux pas.

    On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 00:55:49 +0100, in
    <>
    °Mike° scrawled:

    >Create a rule (**it MUST be the very first rule**) that states
    >any (FROM) address NOT in your address book is deleted from
    >the server, and "Stop processing more rules".

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Oct 7, 2003
  5. barbaradonovan

    Mike0000 Guest

    barbaradonovan wrote:

    > hello ,i have norton antivirus ,it keeps quaranteeing a worm called swen ,
    > does anyone know if there is a way to stop from getting mail from swen all
    > the time ,constantly ,like 20 times a day

    Consider moving up to an antivirus that scans your mail before your
    recieve it. Many brands either have direct plug-ins or act as POP3 proxies.

    --
    Mike
    Block Banner Ads Now

    Mike0000, Oct 8, 2003