    scrambling, to know that the infected comp belongs to someone within a
    limited group associated with my work.
    jj
    Jeremy, Nov 7, 2003

  2. Jeremy

    Guest

    On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 02:58:37 -0600, Jeremy <>
    wrote:

    >Is there any way to identify the person who has the virus? I get about
    >200 a day, and I see sufficient numbers of unique names despite the
    >scrambling, to know that the infected comp belongs to someone within a
    >limited group associated with my work.
    >jj

    With a previous virus that was going around, I could open up the
    headers (show headers - all) and see the address of somebody I know
    (return path).

    This round doesn't seem to work like that. When I look to see who is
    on the return path, it doesn't really add up.

    I tried sending a email to 2-3 of them. Nothing bounced back, but that
    doesn't mean I identified the source. At best it means that somebody
    really has that address.

    "Mailwasher" is a nice program for screening and deleting email before
    downloading. There is a freeware version and a pay version. With 200
    of these daily, you definitely need it.

    Roy - Carpe Noctem
    , Nov 7, 2003

  3. Jeremy

    Night_Seer Guest

    wrote:
    > On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 02:58:37 -0600, Jeremy <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Is there any way to identify the person who has the virus? I get
    >> about 200 a day, and I see sufficient numbers of unique names
    >> despite the scrambling, to know that the infected comp belongs to
    >> someone within a limited group associated with my work.
    >> jj

    > With a previous virus that was going around, I could open up the
    > headers (show headers - all) and see the address of somebody I know
    > (return path).
    >
    > This round doesn't seem to work like that. When I look to see who is
    > on the return path, it doesn't really add up.
    >
    > I tried sending a email to 2-3 of them. Nothing bounced back, but that
    > doesn't mean I identified the source. At best it means that somebody
    > really has that address.
    >
    > "Mailwasher" is a nice program for screening and deleting email before
    > downloading. There is a freeware version and a pay version. With 200
    > of these daily, you definitely need it.
    >
    > Roy - Carpe Noctem

    The latest version works in unison with spam cop as well, letting
    you forward a message to spam cop automatically. All you have to do is
    sign up with spamcop.

    --
    Night_Seer
    Night_Seer, Nov 7, 2003
  4. Jeremy

    Jeremy Guest

    wrote

    > "Mailwasher" is a nice program for screening and deleting email before
    > downloading. There is a freeware version and a pay version. With 200
    > of these daily, you definitely need it.
    >
    > Roy - Carpe Noctem

    I have mailwasher, I sent the guy in New Zealand some money a few years
    back and now have free updates for life. BTW there is an upgraded
    version as of 3 days ago
    ..

    JJ
    Jeremy, Nov 8, 2003