    patches etc., and every evening I empty it out.

    Well, this evening it was only 67% full. Could this be the beginning of the
    end of Swen? (touch wood)

    Sue Bilstein, Nov 14, 2003

  2. "Sue Bilstein" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > As you see, I use a Yahoo address for newsgroups. It has a six-megabyte
    > limit. For several weeks now it has filled up every day with MS critical
    > patches etc., and every evening I empty it out.
    >
    > Well, this evening it was only 67% full. Could this be the beginning of

    the
    > end of Swen? (touch wood)

    For me, the number of these I currently received each day continuously
    fluctuates from just a few to a about 30 (where the account limit is
    breached). However looking over the last month, it does seem to have begun
    tapering off.

    Alpine Dragon, Nov 14, 2003

  3. Hi there,

    Sue Bilstein wrote:
    > As you see, I use a Yahoo address for newsgroups. It has a six-megabyte
    > limit. For several weeks now it has filled up every day with MS critical
    > patches etc., and every evening I empty it out.
    >
    > Well, this evening it was only 67% full. Could this be the beginning of the
    > end of Swen? (touch wood)

    Unless Yahoo are clamping down on it I'd think not. Maybe just a blip, or a
    problem on Yahoo's servers...

    I have a 20MB limit, which fills every day. The worst thing is that I
    empty the sucker around tea-time (a common time for email to be sent). By
    morning its getting full again, so any genuine emails directed to me during
    the day are more than likely to bounce. I only usually get online after work
    in the evening, so its a real problem...

    A change of email address and munging your 'reply-to' might be the only good
    solution short-term...

    --
    Kind regards,

    Chris Wilkinson, Nov 14, 2003
  4. Sue Bilstein

    Ron McNulty Guest

    Hi Sue

    Sounds like Yahoo need a spam filter like xtra have just commissioned. My
    spam (incl SWEN virus stuff) has dropped from several hundred to just one or
    two a day.

    Regards

    Ron

    Ron McNulty, Nov 21, 2003
  5. Sue Bilstein

    T.N.O. Guest

    Ron McNulty wrote:
    > Sounds like Yahoo need a spam filter like xtra have just commissioned. My
    > spam (incl SWEN virus stuff) has dropped from several hundred to just one or
    > two a day.

    yeah, me too, only getting 5-10 a day now, instead of the mailbox full
    messages.

    T.N.O., Nov 21, 2003