swen removal tool

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by why?, Sep 21, 2003.

  1. why?

    why? Guest

    why?, Sep 21, 2003

  2. why?

    Patrick Guest

    Twixer wrote:
    > I have this if you need it. (only 100KB)

    Hello, is it Monday allready?, (22/09/2003)!
    Patrick, Sep 21, 2003

  3. why?

    Ben Guest

    exactly my point!

    Ben, Sep 21, 2003
  4. why?

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 13:18:27 +0100, Twixer wrote:

    >I have this if you need it. (only 100KB)

    Also fix your date/time/timezone.

    Me
    why?, Sep 21, 2003
  5. why?

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 15:05:08 +0200, Ben wrote:

    >exactly my point!

    What point, did you post some comment earlier?

    >> On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 13:18:27 +0100, Twixer wrote:
    >>
    >> >I have this if you need it. (only 100KB)

    >> Oh really nice, here is an exe from an unknown source to run on your PC.
    >>
    >> Only use tools like this that you download from sites like
    >> http://www.mcafee.com/
    >> http://www.symantec.com/ for example the tool here and instructions

    <snip>

    Me
    why?, Sep 21, 2003
  6. why?

    geopelia Guest

    geopelia, Sep 21, 2003
  7. why?

    Boomer Guest

    Twixer said:
    [snip]

    Could you please adjust your Clock/Time Zone settings?
    You are posting from the future.

    For Windows :
    1. Double click the time in the lower right corner of the system
    tray.
    2. In the dialog box that pops up select the *Time Zone* tab.
    3. Use the drop down menu to select the correct entry for "your" TIME
    ZONE.
    Check "Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes
    4. Also, Check the box marked Daylight Savings Time.
    5. Then click OK to save it.

    ~Further information at the site below.~
    http://www.visi.com/~barr/timezone.html

    Thank You Very Much :)
    Boomer, Sep 21, 2003
  8. why?

    billy_bunter Guest

    billy_bunter, Sep 21, 2003
  9. why?

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 13:18:27 +0100, "Twixer" <> wrote:

    >I have this if you need it. (only 100KB)

    It's probably the virus installer.

    >--
    >Regards Ron...........

    -Barry
    ========
    Voicemail/fax number +14136227640
    Barry OGrady, Sep 21, 2003
  10. why?

    Petit Alexi Guest

    why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote in

    > On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 15:05:08 +0200, Ben wrote:
    >
    >>exactly my point!

    > What point, did you post some comment earlier?

    Check twixer's and Ben's nntp posting host.

    If I ruled the world NTL would be nuked for inflicting this many lusers on
    the internet.

    I'm going to send Osama a tenner and ask if he does requests.
    Petit Alexi, Sep 21, 2003
  11. why?

    Patrick Guest

    Petit Alexi wrote:
    > why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote in

    >> On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 15:05:08 +0200, Ben wrote:
    >>
    >>> exactly my point!

    >> What point, did you post some comment earlier?

    > Check twixer's and Ben's nntp posting host.
    >
    > If I ruled the world NTL would be nuked for inflicting this many
    > lusers on the internet.
    >
    > I'm going to send Osama a tenner and ask if he does requests.

    From what I have seen of you 'Petit Alexi', your *sole* talent seems to be
    in spotting the mistakes of 'ntl' users.

    PS I do hope that this 'ntl' user (myself), hasn't made too many
    mistakes.

    PPS Please don't set benny-larder on to me.
    Patrick, Sep 21, 2003
  12. why?

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 13:11:29 -0500, Petit Alexi wrote:

    >why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote in

    >> On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 15:05:08 +0200, Ben wrote:
    >>
    >>>exactly my point!

    >> What point, did you post some comment earlier?

    >Check twixer's and Ben's nntp posting host.

    I did, that's why I asked. 1st Twixer on NTL

    Name: m244-mp1.cvx3-b.edi.dial.ntli.net
    Address: 213.104.228.244
    is UK

    and Ben on
    Name: c-c8fb72d5.026-45-73746f25.cust.bredbandsbolaget.se
    Address: 213.114.251.200
    while .se is Sweden.

    Looks like 2 very different ISPs and countries.

    >If I ruled the world NTL would be nuked for inflicting this many lusers on
    >the internet.

    <snip>

    Me
    why?, Sep 21, 2003
  13. why?

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 19:28:04 +0100, Patrick wrote:

    >Petit Alexi wrote:
    >> why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote in

    >>> What point, did you post some comment earlier?

    >> Check twixer's and Ben's nntp posting host.
    >>
    >> If I ruled the world NTL would be nuked for inflicting this many
    >> lusers on the internet.
    >>
    >> I'm going to send Osama a tenner and ask if he does requests.

    >From what I have seen of you 'Petit Alexi', your *sole* talent seems to be
    >in spotting the mistakes of 'ntl' users.

    It is fun after all.

    <snip>

    Me
    why?, Sep 21, 2003
  14. why?

    Twixer Guest

    thanks time adjusted

    --
    Regards Ron...........

    Twixer, Sep 21, 2003
  15. why?

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 20:07:48 +0100, Twixer wrote:

    >Ok Ok got the point, I wont be so silly in future, I thought In was trying
    >to be helpful.......... jeeeez.

    Many ISPs consider time/date changes to appear at the top the list a
    form of Usenet abuse and it can rate a report to your ISP.

    Me
    why?, Sep 21, 2003
  16. why?

    Twixer Guest

    No No the time / date change was a mistake from earlier.... sorted now

    --
    Regards Ron...........

    Twixer, Sep 21, 2003
  17. why?

    Nedra Guest

    Don't get excited about the top post... this is the only one!

    Thanks to "why?" for the Semantic address. I have been
    searching for this for 36 hours... Anyway, now computer is
    clean!! Thanks again.

    Nedra

    Nedra, Sep 22, 2003
  18. why?

    Buffalo Guest

    "Nedra" <> wrote in message
    > Don't get excited about the top post... this is the only one!
    >
    > Thanks to "why?" for the Semantic address. I have been
    > searching for this for 36 hours... Anyway, now computer is
    > clean!! Thanks again.
    >
    > Nedra

    Top posting is usually way easier to read when using Outlook Express as your
    newsreader, unless you want to interject into the message or you just jump
    into the middle of an ongoing Post and want to read the message being
    replied to first. If you are already following a long Post, it is a pain to
    have to scroll down to the bottom because so many are to lazy to 'cut' the
    irrevelent parts out.
    My opinion, no flaming necessary.
    PS: Remember, I stated "when using Outlook Express as your newsreader"
    Buffalo, Sep 22, 2003
  19. why?

    Nedra Guest

    Thanks, Buffalo! I do hate scrolling to the bottom of posts. In fact, I
    rarely read those that have to be scrolled ;-)

    Nedra

    Nedra, Sep 22, 2003
  20. why?

    Buffalo Guest