    instructions would help. I have a ntl freedom ADSL connection (not
    cable) via a BT phone line. Hope someone can help.

    Alex
    Alex Clarke, Oct 15, 2005

  2. Alex Clarke

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 22:25:53 GMT, Alex Clarke wrote:

    >OK I seem to have got the network bit to work but I cant configure the
    >ADSL modem bit. The manual is confusing/no help at all. I presume that

    Can't get into the configuration, don't know what values you need to
    enter?

    You did have a note of the previous settings?

    >this process is similar to other wired ADSL modem switch routers. I have

    Should be.

    >connected 2 PC's via cat 5 cables to the modem router so far and
    >connected the sweex modem router to ADSL via a filter (as I did with my

    No particular model?

    >previous modem) Any step by step instructions or links to sites with

    Nothing on the Sweex site, manuals , FAQs?

    >instructions would help. I have a ntl freedom ADSL connection (not

    When did NTL start doing ADSL, thought they were cable only?

    NTL allow you to get your own modems?

    >cable) via a BT phone line. Hope someone can help.

    Looking at www.google.com and some choise keywords

    [ADSL] Sweex adsl modem router Hi peoples. I have signed up for Tiscali
    .... So I bought a Sweex adsl modem router. Anybody got an idiots guide
    to setup? ...
    www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,13550582 - Similar pages

    ntl:hell - The No1 ntl: Customer support Forum (Broadband TV Phone)
    I am attempting with No success to integrate a Sweex Router into my
    system. ... between The Router The modem and The pc If I enter The set
    Up screen In this ...
    http://forums.ntlhell.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=10531 - 70k -
    Supplemental Result - Cached - Similar pages

    Me
    why?, Oct 16, 2005

  3. Alex Clarke

    Alex Clarke Guest

    why? wrote:
    > On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 22:25:53 GMT, Alex Clarke wrote:
    >

    >>OK I seem to have got the network bit to work but I cant configure the
    >>ADSL modem bit. The manual is confusing/no help at all. I presume that

    > Can't get into the configuration, don't know what values you need to
    > enter?
    >
    > You did have a note of the previous settings?
    >

    >>this process is similar to other wired ADSL modem switch routers. I have

    > Should be.
    >

    >>connected 2 PC's via cat 5 cables to the modem router so far and
    >>connected the sweex modem router to ADSL via a filter (as I did with my

    > No particular model?
    >

    >>previous modem) Any step by step instructions or links to sites with

    > Nothing on the Sweex site, manuals , FAQs?
    >

    >>instructions would help. I have a ntl freedom ADSL connection (not

    > When did NTL start doing ADSL, thought they were cable only?
    >
    > NTL allow you to get your own modems?
    >

    >>cable) via a BT phone line. Hope someone can help.

    > Looking at www.google.com and some choise keywords

    > [ADSL] Sweex adsl modem router Hi peoples. I have signed up for Tiscali
    > ... So I bought a Sweex adsl modem router. Anybody got an idiots guide
    > to setup? ...
    > www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,13550582 - Similar pages
    >
    > ntl:hell - The No1 ntl: Customer support Forum (Broadband TV Phone)
    > I am attempting with No success to integrate a Sweex Router into my
    > system. ... between The Router The modem and The pc If I enter The set
    > Up screen In this ...
    > http://forums.ntlhell.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=10531 - 70k -
    > Supplemental Result - Cached - Similar pages
    >
    > Me

    Thanks for that, gives me some thing to start with. Tried the FAQ on
    Sweex.com, didn't help really. NTL do ADSL and have for a while. Lots of
    people say "are you sure?"still. Previous modem was a Thomson Speedtouch 330
    Alex Clarke, Oct 16, 2005