    it's sometimes really hard to find out if the films contains bad swearing.
    You can't go by the ratings anymore as the standards have dropped, I've
    heard bad swearing in a PG before.

    Nick, Aug 11, 2004

  2. Nick

    Marci Guest

    Nick wrote:
    > Is there a website that tells you if there is a large amount of swearing in
    > a film and the reason a film got a certain cert. I know some Dvd's have the
    > listing on the back (in the UK anyway) but when you are buying of the net
    > it's sometimes really hard to find out if the films contains bad swearing.
    > You can't go by the ratings anymore as the standards have dropped, I've
    > heard bad swearing in a PG before.

    I don't know how much this will help you, but I check here before I take
    my 12 year old grand-daughter to see a movie.

    http://www.allmovie.com/

    Marci, Aug 11, 2004

  3. Nick

    Brian Guest

    www.screenit.com

    It is excellent!

    Brian, Aug 11, 2004
  4. Nick

    Joe McC Guest

    "Nick" <> wrote in message
    > Is there a website that tells you if there is a large amount of swearing

    in
    > a film and the reason a film got a certain cert. I know some Dvd's have

    the
    > listing on the back (in the UK anyway) but when you are buying of the net
    > it's sometimes really hard to find out if the films contains bad swearing.
    > You can't go by the ratings anymore as the standards have dropped, I've
    > heard bad swearing in a PG before.

    Yep, it's a fucking disgrace, the shit these bastards get away with in our
    Godless times. Red-hot poker up the arse would teach them some fucking
    morals. That's what I say!

    Joe McC, Aug 11, 2004
  5. Nick

    Jordan Lund Guest

    "Nick" <> wrote in message news:<cfct7o$bk6$>...
    > Is there a website that tells you if there is a large amount of swearing in
    > a film and the reason a film got a certain cert. I know some Dvd's have the
    > listing on the back (in the UK anyway) but when you are buying of the net
    > it's sometimes really hard to find out if the films contains bad swearing.
    > You can't go by the ratings anymore as the standards have dropped, I've
    > heard bad swearing in a PG before.

    The best advice is to get over yourself. They're just words. There are
    way better things to be offended by besides language.

    - Jordan

    Jordan Lund, Aug 11, 2004
  6. Nick

    Joe McC Guest

    > > Is there a website that tells you if there is a large amount of swearing

    in
    > > a film and the reason a film got a certain cert. I know some Dvd's have

    the
    > > listing on the back (in the UK anyway) but when you are buying of the

    net
    > > it's sometimes really hard to find out if the films contains bad

    swearing.
    > > You can't go by the ratings anymore as the standards have dropped, I've
    > > heard bad swearing in a PG before.

    > The best advice is to get over yourself. They're just words. There are
    > way better things to be offended by besides language.
    >
    > - Jordan

    Heh Heh, so if I were to call you an insensitive smelly fuckwad, with all
    the appeal of a flaccid cock & facial features which remind me of a 90 yr
    old man's ball sack, you'll not be offended? You smegma licking bumbouncer!

    :)

    Joe McC, Aug 11, 2004
  7. Nick

    Justin Guest

    Joe McC wrote on [Wed, 11 Aug 2004 17:20:01 +0100]:

    > "Jordan Lund" <> wrote in message
    >> "Nick" <> wrote in message

    >> > Is there a website that tells you if there is a large amount of swearing

    > in
    >> > a film and the reason a film got a certain cert. I know some Dvd's have

    > the
    >> > listing on the back (in the UK anyway) but when you are buying of the

    > net
    >> > it's sometimes really hard to find out if the films contains bad

    > swearing.
    >> > You can't go by the ratings anymore as the standards have dropped, I've
    >> > heard bad swearing in a PG before.

    >> The best advice is to get over yourself. They're just words. There are
    >> way better things to be offended by besides language.
    >>
    >> - Jordan

    > Heh Heh, so if I were to call you an insensitive smelly fuckwad, with all
    > the appeal of a flaccid cock & facial features which remind me of a 90 yr
    > old man's ball sack, you'll not be offended? You smegma licking bumbouncer!

    How is that different from me calling you a wasted conception, semen
    that should have been caught in a tissue.

    Your face remind me of a 90 year old scrotum and you have all the
    appeal of a dysfunctional penis.

    It's not the words that should offend.

    Justin, Aug 11, 2004
  8. Nick

    Joe McC Guest

    "Justin" <> wrote in message
    > Joe McC wrote on [Wed, 11 Aug 2004 17:20:01 +0100]:
    > >
    > > "Jordan Lund" <> wrote in message
    > >> "Nick" <> wrote in message

    swearing
    > > in

    have
    > > the

    > > net

    > > swearing.

    I've

    > >> The best advice is to get over yourself. They're just words. There are
    > >> way better things to be offended by besides language.
    > >>
    > >> - Jordan

    > > Heh Heh, so if I were to call you an insensitive smelly fuckwad, with

    all
    > > the appeal of a flaccid cock & facial features which remind me of a 90

    yr
    > > old man's ball sack, you'll not be offended? You smegma licking

    bumbouncer!

    > How is that different from me calling you a wasted conception, semen
    > that should have been caught in a tissue.
    >
    > Your face remind me of a 90 year old scrotum and you have all the
    > appeal of a dysfunctional penis.
    >
    > It's not the words that should offend.

    But mine are funnier.

    Joe McC, Aug 11, 2004
  9. Yeah, like telling somebody HOW to be offended.

    Michael Rogers, Aug 11, 2004
  10. Nick

    Ronald Cole Guest

    "Joe McC" <> writes:
    > "Jordan Lund" <> wrote in message
    >> "Nick" <> wrote in message

    >> > Is there a website that tells you if there is a large amount of swearing

    > in
    >> > a film and the reason a film got a certain cert. I know some Dvd's have

    > the
    >> > listing on the back (in the UK anyway) but when you are buying of the

    > net
    >> > it's sometimes really hard to find out if the films contains bad

    > swearing.
    >> > You can't go by the ratings anymore as the standards have dropped, I've
    >> > heard bad swearing in a PG before.

    >> The best advice is to get over yourself. They're just words. There are
    >> way better things to be offended by besides language.
    >>
    >> - Jordan

    > Heh Heh, so if I were to call you an insensitive smelly fuckwad, with all
    > the appeal of a flaccid cock & facial features which remind me of a 90 yr
    > old man's ball sack, you'll not be offended? You smegma licking bumbouncer!

    Sometimes the truth hurts, ya cum-burping, gutter tramp! ;)

    Ronald Cole <> Phone: (760) 499-9142
    President, CEO Fax: (760) 499-9152

    Ronald Cole, Aug 12, 2004
  11. Nick

    Joe McC Guest

    "Ronald Cole" <> wrote in message
    > "Joe McC" <> writes:
    > > "Jordan Lund" <> wrote in message
    > >> "Nick" <> wrote in message

    swearing
    > > in

    have
    > > the

    > > net

    > > swearing.

    I've

    > >> The best advice is to get over yourself. They're just words. There are
    > >> way better things to be offended by besides language.
    > >>
    > >> - Jordan

    > > Heh Heh, so if I were to call you an insensitive smelly fuckwad, with

    all
    > > the appeal of a flaccid cock & facial features which remind me of a 90

    yr
    > > old man's ball sack, you'll not be offended? You smegma licking

    bumbouncer!

    > Sometimes the truth hurts, ya cum-burping, gutter tramp! ;)

    :) lol

    Joe McC, Aug 12, 2004
  12. Nick

    Nick Guest

    What about kids people, if we introduce them to swearing at a young age then
    you have the fowl mouth five year I saw the other day who's every second
    word was a swear word. Yes swear words are offensive (to me anyway) 99% of
    the time there is no need for them to be in films and in my opnion totally
    ruin the film and I refuse to watch it, hence the query. With a world with
    so much violence in it we really don't need to add to it by being offensive
    towards each other.

    Nick, Aug 12, 2004
  13. Nick

    NeoRenegade Guest

    Nick wrote:

    > What about kids people, if we introduce them to swearing at a young age then
    > you have the fowl mouth five year I saw the other day who's every second
    > word was a swear word. Yes swear words are offensive (to me anyway) 99% of
    > the time there is no need for them to be in films and in my opnion totally
    > ruin the film and I refuse to watch it, hence the query. With a world with
    > so much violence in it we really don't need to add to it by being offensive
    > towards each other.
    >

    > "Michael Rogers" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Yeah, like telling somebody HOW to be offended.
    >>

    >>>The best advice is to get over yourself. They're just words. There are
    >>>way better things to be offended by besides language.
    >>>
    >>>- Jordan

    If you would expose your children to a movie of the type where swearing
    can be expected at all and want to protect their innocence, then you
    have something wrong with you. Only let your children watch G-rated
    movies if it's an issue. End of story.

    - NR

    NeoRenegade, Aug 12, 2004
  14. Nick wrote:
    > What about kids people, if we introduce them to swearing at a young
    > age then you have the fowl mouth five year I saw the other day who's
    > every second word was a swear word. Yes swear words are offensive (to
    > me anyway) 99% of the time there is no need for them to be in films
    > and in my opnion totally ruin the film and I refuse to watch it,
    > hence the query. With a world with so much violence in it we really
    > don't need to add to it by being offensive towards each other.

    Translation = WWWAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.....

    --
    Brian The Demolition Man Little

    Brian The Demolition Man Little, Aug 12, 2004
  15. Nick

    PJ\(shop\) Guest

    if u wanna stop kids from swearing dont send them to school! i used to watch
    movies all the time as a kid and i never ever swore, it was only when i got
    to high school and the "poor kids" were introduced that the swearing
    started!

    PJ\(shop\), Aug 12, 2004
  16. Nick

    Joe McC Guest

    "Brian The Demolition Man Little" <> wrote in message
    > Nick wrote:
    > > What about kids people, if we introduce them to swearing at a young
    > > age then you have the fowl mouth five year I saw the other day who's
    > > every second word was a swear word. Yes swear words are offensive (to
    > > me anyway) 99% of the time there is no need for them to be in films
    > > and in my opnion totally ruin the film and I refuse to watch it,
    > > hence the query. With a world with so much violence in it we really
    > > don't need to add to it by being offensive towards each other.

    > Translation = WWWAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.....

    Nah, the guy's actually making a valid point.

    I swear like a trooper....frequently and inventively, so I'm no nervous
    nelly about it, but he's referring to verbal "violence" - aggressive
    swearing which unnecessarily adds to the crap going on all around us. It's
    not a moral judgement, but a genuine issue - we're simply "polluting" our
    own environment with bad vibes by tolerating or condoning it. The words are
    harmless, but represent something, as he says, offensive in how we feel
    about each other.

    Fucking sickening.

    Joe McC, Aug 12, 2004
  17. Nick

    Justin Guest

    Nick wrote on [Thu, 12 Aug 2004 08:34:20 +0000 (UTC)]:
    > What about kids people, if we introduce them to swearing at a young age then
    > you have the fowl mouth five year I saw the other day who's every second
    > word was a swear word. Yes swear words are offensive (to me anyway) 99% of
    > the time there is no need for them to be in films and in my opnion totally
    > ruin the film and I refuse to watch it, hence the query. With a world with
    > so much violence in it we really don't need to add to it by being offensive
    > towards each other.

    So, what's worse? A kid that says shit or a kid that says "I hate you!"
    to their parent?

    Justin, Aug 12, 2004
  18. Joe McC wrote:
    > Nah, the guy's actually making a valid point.
    >
    > I swear like a trooper....frequently and inventively, so I'm no
    > nervous nelly about it, but he's referring to verbal "violence" -
    > aggressive swearing which unnecessarily adds to the crap going on all
    > around us. It's not a moral judgement, but a genuine issue - we're
    > simply "polluting" our own environment with bad vibes by tolerating
    > or condoning it. The words are harmless, but represent something, as
    > he says, offensive in how we feel about each other.
    >
    > Fucking sickening.

    While he does have a point, its just his attitude about it that annoyed me.
    If he doesn't like swearing then just simply don't watch it. Nobody
    is forcing him to watch it.

    Also, wouldn't it be easier to search for something on Google then
    to post on a newsgroup?

    --
    Brian The Demolition Man Little

    Brian The Demolition Man Little, Aug 13, 2004
  19. Nick

    Justin Guest

    Brian The Demolition Man Little wrote on [Thu, 12 Aug 2004 22:48:24 -0500]:
    > Joe McC wrote:
    >> Nah, the guy's actually making a valid point.
    >>
    >> I swear like a trooper....frequently and inventively, so I'm no
    >> nervous nelly about it, but he's referring to verbal "violence" -
    >> aggressive swearing which unnecessarily adds to the crap going on all
    >> around us. It's not a moral judgement, but a genuine issue - we're
    >> simply "polluting" our own environment with bad vibes by tolerating
    >> or condoning it. The words are harmless, but represent something, as
    >> he says, offensive in how we feel about each other.
    >>
    >> Fucking sickening.

    > While he does have a point, its just his attitude about it that annoyed me.
    > If he doesn't like swearing then just simply don't watch it. Nobody
    > is forcing him to watch it.
    >
    > Also, wouldn't it be easier to search for something on Google then
    > to post on a newsgroup?

    It may be easier to search google than post to a newsgroup, but maybe
    he did search and then posted to a newsgroup.

    Justin, Aug 13, 2004
  20. Nick

    Poisonmail Guest

    << So, what's worse? A kid that says shit or a kid that says "I hate you!" to
    their parent? >>

    This reminds me, did any of you happen to see "Penn & Teller: Bullshit!"
    tonight? It was quite appropriate to this discussion.

    n.

    http://www.dusty-books.com

    Poisonmail, Aug 13, 2004