    Debian Sarge DVD or
    some other major Linux distribution on DVD

    email me at if interested.

    Pedro, Sep 23, 2006

  2. Pedro

    MaHogany Guest

    On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 01:02:49 +1200, Pedro wrote:

    > Wanting to swap Suse 10.1 DVD for
    >
    > Fedora Core 5 DVD or
    > Debian Sarge DVD or
    > some other major Linux distribution on DVD
    >
    > email me at if interested.

    SuSE 10.0 is good.

    Have you tried that?

    Ma Hogany

    --
    "The average user doesn't know what he wants. The average user wants
    fries with that, if prompted."

    MaHogany, Sep 23, 2006

  3. Pedro

    Pedro Guest

    > SuSE 10.0 is good.
    > Have you tried that?

    Nope.

    SuSE 10.1 is good (as far as I can tell). its just that I want to try a few
    other distros before picking one and its a bit of a hassle downloading a dvd
    on dialup.

    Pedro, Sep 24, 2006
  4. Pedro

    MaHogany Guest

    On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 23:02:50 +1200, Pedro wrote:

    > SuSE 10.1 is good (as far as I can tell). its just that I want to try a few
    > other distros before picking one and its a bit of a hassle downloading a dvd
    > on dialup.

    One of the current magazines has CentOS - a RedHat clone - on the DVD.

    BTW, I download DVD ISO images over dialup. :eek:)

    Ma Hogany

    MaHogany, Sep 24, 2006
  5. Pedro

    Rob Guest

    Pedro wrote:
    >> SuSE 10.0 is good.
    >> Have you tried that?

    > Nope.
    >
    > SuSE 10.1 is good (as far as I can tell). its just that I want to try a few
    > other distros before picking one and its a bit of a hassle downloading a dvd
    > on dialup.

    I'm just trying out Dreamlinux 2.1 (derived from morphix, with xfce).
    Supposedly does xgl over xfce, but haven't figured that out yet. I'm
    running off the live cd, so maybe it needs to be installed to disk to
    enable xgl.

    It's a very pretty desktop, with OoO, xmms, mplayer, firefox,
    thunderbird etc.

    If you would like a cd, email me rob at simpsons dot net dot nz

    I don't need Suse, writing this in sled10 now.

    Cheers

    Rob

    Rob, Sep 25, 2006
  6. In message <FCtRg.139$>, Pedro wrote:

    > its just that I want to try a
    > few other distros before picking one and its a bit of a hassle downloading
    > a dvd on dialup.

    Just picked up a copy of the October PC Authority today, and it advertises
    an Ubuntu Dapper ISO included on its cover DVD.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Sep 25, 2006
  7. Pedro

    Gordon Guest

    On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 23:02:50 +1200, Pedro wrote:

    >> SuSE 10.0 is good.
    >> Have you tried that?

    > Nope.
    >
    > SuSE 10.1 is good (as far as I can tell). its just that I want to try a few
    > other distros before picking one and its a bit of a hassle downloading a dvd
    > on dialup.

    http://www.copyleft.co.nz

    Yes it costs some money. Yes I have used Phil's service. If all services
    were so good I would be flabergasted.

    Gordon, Sep 25, 2006