    I have 4GB of RAM but need 20GB or swap.
    What would be the reccommended config?

    thanks
    =?Utf-8?B?bGFuY2hpY2s=?=, Nov 28, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?bGFuY2hpY2s=?=

    Nut Cracker Guest

    "lanchick" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > With W2K3 x64 can I have more than a 4GB swap file?
    > And can I have more than 1 swap file on a server?
    > I have 4GB of RAM but need 20GB or swap.
    > What would be the reccommended config?
    >
    > thanks

    You *should* be able to create a 4GB swap in your system drive, and another
    swap file (as large as you want) on another disk (make sure it doesnt share
    the same spindles as your system drive, or you will have degraded
    performance).

    On some of our x64 and IA64 boxes, we have swapfiles that are sometimes as
    large as 20 to 32GB (SAP/SQL).

    - NuTs
    Nut Cracker, Nov 28, 2006

  3. Yes, just make sure the drive is NTFS.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 29, 2006