  1. Frohike

    Frohike Guest

    $36.99 at Fry's on Tuesday. Is this the best B&M price out there? Gracias.

    Frohike, Sep 19, 2004

  2. Frohike

    JWB Guest

    "Frohike" <> wrote in message
    news:fWj3d.17401$...
    > $36.99 at Fry's on Tuesday. Is this the best B&M price out there? Gracias.

    I noticed none of the circulars I got today mentioned a price. Never saw
    that before. Best Buy, Target, Toys R Us... no price.

    JWB, Sep 19, 2004

  3. Frohike

    zoltan47 Guest

    On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 14:17:48 -0400, "JWB" <>
    wrote:

    >"Frohike" <> wrote in message
    >> $36.99 at Fry's on Tuesday. Is this the best B&M price out there? Gracias.

    >I noticed none of the circulars I got today mentioned a price. Never saw
    >that before. Best Buy, Target, Toys R Us... no price.

    CompUSA's circular lists it as $39.99.

    zoltan47, Sep 19, 2004
  4. Frohike

    JWB Guest

    "zoltan47" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 14:17:48 -0400, "JWB" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>"Frohike" <> wrote in message
    >>> $36.99 at Fry's on Tuesday. Is this the best B&M price out there?
    >>> Gracias.

    >>I noticed none of the circulars I got today mentioned a price. Never saw
    >>that before. Best Buy, Target, Toys R Us... no price.
    >>

    > CompUSA's circular lists it as $39.99.

    Don't have one of them around here. But thanks, because it at least gives me
    an idea of what it will be.

    JWB, Sep 19, 2004
  5. In article <fWj3d.17401$>, Frohike
    says...
    > $36.99 at Fry's on Tuesday. Is this the best B&M price out there? Gracias.

    FYE has it for $49.99 with a $15 mail-in rebate which makes the net price
    $34.99. I preordered with them.

    Edward

    Edward Curtis, Sep 19, 2004
  6. Frohike

    JWB Guest

    "Edward Curtis" <> wrote in message
    > In article <fWj3d.17401$>, Frohike
    > says...
    >> $36.99 at Fry's on Tuesday. Is this the best B&M price out there?
    >> Gracias.

    > FYE has it for $49.99 with a $15 mail-in rebate which makes the net price
    > $34.99. I preordered with them.

    The FYE's around here are extremely expensive on DVD's (and everything else,
    really), with a scant few low priced items to entice. How they stay in
    business is beyond me.

    JWB, Sep 20, 2004
  7. In article <>, JWB says...
    > "Edward Curtis" <> wrote in message
    > > In article <fWj3d.17401$>, Frohike
    > > says...
    > >> $36.99 at Fry's on Tuesday. Is this the best B&M price out there?
    > >> Gracias.

    > > FYE has it for $49.99 with a $15 mail-in rebate which makes the net price
    > > $34.99. I preordered with them.

    > The FYE's around here are extremely expensive on DVD's (and everything else,
    > really), with a scant few low priced items to entice. How they stay in
    > business is beyond me.

    Sam Goody isn't much better, and for that reason I'm about to let my
    Replay membership with them expire. They have decent prices on 1 or 2-
    disc DVD sets, but they insist on charging FULL RETAIL for box sets that
    aren't new releases. SG wanted $70 for Indy Jones; I got it at K-Mart
    for $50.

    We're getting a Target and a Best Buy here (Morgantown, WV) in 2005.

    Edward

    Edward Curtis, Sep 20, 2004
  8. Frohike

    > In article <>, JWB says...
    >> "Edward Curtis" <> wrote in message
    >> > In article <fWj3d.17401$>, Frohike
    >> > says...
    >> >
    >> > FYE has it for $49.99 with a $15 mail-in rebate which makes the net
    >> > price
    >> > $34.99. I preordered with them.

    >> The FYE's around here are extremely expensive on DVD's (and everything
    >> else,
    >> really), with a scant few low priced items to entice. How they stay in
    >> business is beyond me.

    > Sam Goody isn't much better, and for that reason I'm about to let my
    > Replay membership with them expire. They have decent prices on 1 or 2-
    > disc DVD sets, but they insist on charging FULL RETAIL for box sets that
    > aren't new releases. SG wanted $70 for Indy Jones; I got it at K-Mart
    > for $50.
    >
    > We're getting a Target and a Best Buy here (Morgantown, WV) in 2005.

    Despite what you sometimes read here, I have found Best Buy to be a really
    good store. You'll probably like them. Good sales, and good "regular"
    prices. Target is a pretty good store too. Limited selection, but again,
    good prices.

    JWB, Sep 20, 2004
  9. "JWB" <> wrote in message
    > "Edward Curtis" <> wrote in message
    >> In article <>, JWB says...
    >>> "Edward Curtis" <> wrote in message

    >>> The FYE's around here are extremely expensive on DVD's (and everything
    >>> else,
    >>> really), with a scant few low priced items to entice. How they stay in
    >>> business is beyond me.

    >> Sam Goody isn't much better, and for that reason I'm about to let my
    >> Replay membership with them expire. They have decent prices on 1 or 2-
    >> disc DVD sets, but they insist on charging FULL RETAIL for box sets that
    >> aren't new releases. SG wanted $70 for Indy Jones; I got it at K-Mart
    >> for $50.
    >>
    >> We're getting a Target and a Best Buy here (Morgantown, WV) in 2005.

    > Despite what you sometimes read here, I have found Best Buy to be a really
    > good store. You'll probably like them. Good sales, and good "regular"
    > prices. Target is a pretty good store too. Limited selection, but again,
    > good prices.

    Believe it or not, the Wal-Mart in my area (Amherst, NY) undercuts
    everybody's prices. There is a CompUSA, Target, Best Buy, Circuit City and
    FYE Music within 5 minutes travel time, so they are always cheaper because
    they want to be the one you buy from. Most new releases are $14.83. I think
    SW will be $37-$38 tomorrow.

    Richard Van Skiver, Sep 21, 2004
  10. Frohike

    kaboom Guest

    On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 22:15:06 -0400, "Richard Van Skiver"
    <> wrote:

    >"JWB" <> wrote in message
    >> "Edward Curtis" <> wrote in message
    >>> In article <>, JWB says...

    >>> Sam Goody isn't much better, and for that reason I'm about to let my
    >>> Replay membership with them expire. They have decent prices on 1 or 2-
    >>> disc DVD sets, but they insist on charging FULL RETAIL for box sets that
    >>> aren't new releases. SG wanted $70 for Indy Jones; I got it at K-Mart
    >>> for $50.
    >>>
    >>> We're getting a Target and a Best Buy here (Morgantown, WV) in 2005.

    >> Despite what you sometimes read here, I have found Best Buy to be a really
    >> good store. You'll probably like them. Good sales, and good "regular"
    >> prices. Target is a pretty good store too. Limited selection, but again,
    >> good prices.

    >Believe it or not, the Wal-Mart in my area (Amherst, NY) undercuts
    >everybody's prices. There is a CompUSA, Target, Best Buy, Circuit City and
    >FYE Music within 5 minutes travel time, so they are always cheaper because
    >they want to be the one you buy from. Most new releases are $14.83. I think
    >SW will be $37-$38 tomorrow.

    **I bought it for $42.87 at Walmart (Ypsilanti, MI) despite there
    being heavy-duty competition close by. I said that CompUSA had it
    advertised for $39.99 and the clerk said that they don't pricematch
    them. Yea, right. Normally, however, they do undercut everyone's
    prices.

    kaboomie

    kaboom, Sep 21, 2004
  11. Frohike

    Invid Fan Guest

    In article <>, kaboom
    <> wrote:

    > On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 22:15:06 -0400, "Richard Van Skiver"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    > >Believe it or not, the Wal-Mart in my area (Amherst, NY) undercuts
    > >everybody's prices. There is a CompUSA, Target, Best Buy, Circuit City and
    > >FYE Music within 5 minutes travel time, so they are always cheaper because
    > >they want to be the one you buy from. Most new releases are $14.83. I think
    > >SW will be $37-$38 tomorrow.

    > **I bought it for $42.87 at Walmart (Ypsilanti, MI) despite there
    > being heavy-duty competition close by. I said that CompUSA had it
    > advertised for $39.99 and the clerk said that they don't pricematch
    > them. Yea, right. Normally, however, they do undercut everyone's
    > prices.

    The CompUSA mentioned above in Amherst, NY ran out of the sets by 1pm
    and I saw them taking down the display and throwing out the sale sign.
    If Walmart knew CompUSA's sale consisted of only a few dozen copies, I
    don't blame them for not matching it.

    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS

    Invid Fan, Sep 22, 2004
  12. Frohike

    jason Guest

    kaboom <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 22:15:06 -0400, "Richard Van Skiver"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >"JWB" <> wrote in message
    > >> "Edward Curtis" <> wrote in message

    > >> Despite what you sometimes read here, I have found Best Buy to be a really
    > >> good store. You'll probably like them. Good sales, and good "regular"
    > >> prices. Target is a pretty good store too. Limited selection, but again,
    > >> good prices.

    > >Believe it or not, the Wal-Mart in my area (Amherst, NY) undercuts
    > >everybody's prices. There is a CompUSA, Target, Best Buy, Circuit City and
    > >FYE Music within 5 minutes travel time, so they are always cheaper because
    > >they want to be the one you buy from. Most new releases are $14.83. I think
    > >SW will be $37-$38 tomorrow.

    > **I bought it for $42.87 at Walmart (Ypsilanti, MI) despite there
    > being heavy-duty competition close by. I said that CompUSA had it
    > advertised for $39.99 and the clerk said that they don't pricematch
    > them. Yea, right. Normally, however, they do undercut everyone's
    > prices.
    >
    > kaboomie

    Got it today at walmart (phila,PA) $37.88 cheapest i've seen around here.

    jason, Sep 22, 2004
  13. Frohike

    TonyAtRest Guest

    >$36.99 at Fry's on Tuesday. Is this the best B&M price out there? Gracias.

    Fry's here was the same but I got it at Circuit City and they match it plus
    give you ten percent of the difference between theirprice ($44,99) back as well
    so I got it for $36.19.

    Tony

    "I'm living in this movie, but it doesn't move me...."

    Buzzcocks, 1976

    TonyAtRest, Sep 22, 2004
  14. Frohike

    kaboom Guest

    On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 21:19:10 -0400, Invid Fan <>
    wrote:

    >In article <>, kaboom
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 22:15:06 -0400, "Richard Van Skiver"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>

    >> >Believe it or not, the Wal-Mart in my area (Amherst, NY) undercuts
    >> >everybody's prices. There is a CompUSA, Target, Best Buy, Circuit City and
    >> >FYE Music within 5 minutes travel time, so they are always cheaper because
    >> >they want to be the one you buy from. Most new releases are $14.83. I think
    >> >SW will be $37-$38 tomorrow.

    >> **I bought it for $42.87 at Walmart (Ypsilanti, MI) despite there
    >> being heavy-duty competition close by. I said that CompUSA had it
    >> advertised for $39.99 and the clerk said that they don't pricematch
    >> them. Yea, right. Normally, however, they do undercut everyone's
    >> prices.
    >>

    >The CompUSA mentioned above in Amherst, NY ran out of the sets by 1pm
    >and I saw them taking down the display and throwing out the sale sign.
    >If Walmart knew CompUSA's sale consisted of only a few dozen copies, I
    >don't blame them for not matching it.

    **I know. CompUSA is notorious for running out of certain sale items.
    After seeing some other posts, I should go back to Walmart and see if
    they haven't lowered their price in the meantime. I was there first
    thing Tuesday morning.

    kaboomie

    kaboom, Sep 22, 2004
  15. Frohike

    Cernovog Guest

    On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 22:15:06 -0400, Richard Van Skiver wrote
    (in message <>):

    > Believe it or not, the Wal-Mart in my area (Amherst, NY) undercuts
    > everybody's prices.

    If you live in Amherst, you'd probably be better off taking a trip across the
    border to Canada and buying your DVDs from Costco, Future Shop or even
    Wal-Mart.

    Cernovog, Sep 23, 2004
  16. Frohike

    Kevin Guest

    Cernovog <> wrote:
    > If you live in Amherst, you'd probably be better off taking a trip across the
    > border to Canada and buying your DVDs from Costco, Future Shop or even
    > Wal-Mart.

    $55 Cdn here.

    Kevin, Sep 23, 2004