    of defeats the purpose. Any help would be greatly
    appreciated.

    Troy

    Troy, Sep 11, 2003

  2. Here's a trick that I use sometimes:

    1. pop open an mmc console, add the computer management snapin.
    2. manage the machine(s) in question, and start the telnet service.
    3. telnet in (as admin), map a drive to the install files
    4. Run the installer manually.

    Of course, this isn't very automated, but at least you dont' have to get out
    of your chair :)

    msnews.microsoft.com, Sep 12, 2003

  3. I will assume you have NTReskit.

    Another tool in the Reskit is called RClient / RConsole. I will leave you to
    read up exactly how this works.

    But here is how it ties in with SU: you copy the SU install files to the
    client, then rclient to the client and run the SU install as if you were
    sitting at the console. I use this method to deploy SU to 100's of PC's in a
    few minutes. NT4 and Windows 200 only (I assume it works on W2003 but
    haven't tested it yet).

    Here is a quick and dirty method to do it, create two batch files detailed
    below.
    Create a new directory, call it anything you want.
    Copy the SU.EXE and SUSS.EXE files into this directory.
    Copy the contens of the RConsole directory into this directory.
    Put the names of the PC's you want to install SU onto in a test file called
    PCList.txt (put it in the same directory), simply list the computer names
    one under another.
    You will need admin rights on the target PC's.

    rcSU.BAT:
    SUSS.EXE -install

    InstallSU.BAT:
    for /F %%I in (PCList.txt) do copy SU.EXE \\%%I\admin$\system32
    for /F %%I in (PCList.txt) do copy SUSS.EXE \\%%I\admin$\system32
    for /F %%I in (PCList.txt) do copy rcSU.bat \\%%I\admin$\system32
    for /F %%I in (PCList.txt) do rsetup.exe \\%%I /runbatch rcSU.bat
    for /F %%I in (PCList.txt) do del \\%%I\admin$\system32\rcSU.bat

    Then run InstallSU.BAT. Rconsole will be installed as a by-product of this
    and I find this to be an extremely useful tool.

    Any problems let me know.

    Brendon

    Brendon Rogers, Sep 12, 2003
  4. Oh yeah - another way to do this, and we use this to, is to use WinINSTALL
    LE to repackage the SU install as an MSI and distribute via W2K GPO.

    Brendon Rogers, Sep 12, 2003
  5. Troy

    Troy Guest

    I would like to thank both of you for your help. I
    accually wrote a script using psexec that logs into each
    pc with a user that has local admin right and ran
    suss.exe -install that way. Below is an example incase it
    help you for anything. I also made it so that it keeps a
    log of all the pcs that suss.exe get installed on.

    psexec.bat

    psexec \\computername -u username -p password -c suss.bat

    suss.bat

    cd\
    copy \\\suss.exe c:
    suss.exe -install
    echo %computer% >> \\servername\directory\results.txt

    Troy, Sep 12, 2003