    My site: http://www.webbasica.com
    And for all those spammers out there,
    knock yourself out:

    MALdito, Jan 12, 2004

  2. > Everytime my computer goes into supended mode, I seem to get disconnected ..

    http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/S/sleep_mode.html

    Alexander Rogge, Jan 12, 2004

  3. MALdito

    MALdito Guest

    It´s a desktop.

    MALdito, Jan 12, 2004
  4. MALdito wrote:
    > It?s a desktop.
    >
    > "Alexander Rogge" <> escribi? en el mensaje
    >
    >>>Everytime my computer goes into supended mode, I seem to get disconnected ..

    >>>Don?t have proof, no logs yet .... BUT my trillian reconnects when I
    >>>re-enter, and so does my home network.

    >>http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/S/sleep_mode.html

    Doesn't matter ... if you want to put it in suspend, you have to live with
    what that means.

    Why would you want to suspend a desktop system, anyway? The whole point
    is to keep from running down the battery on a laptop, by storing the
    current system state on the HD and then basically shutting everything down
    (and if it *didn't* do that, then you would be running down the battery
    using suspend on a laptop, which would make suspend mode useless.)

    Instead, if you are super-energy-conscious, set your monitor & disk drive
    to power off after a given period of time, but NOT go into suspend.

    Tergiversative, Jan 12, 2004