    I know I have a shutdown.exe which works well under W98SE -- but is there a
    suspend.exe available?
    Maria
    Maria, Aug 24, 2004

  2. Maria

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Aug 24, 2004

  3. Maria

    Maria Guest

    "°Mike°" wrote:

    > There is no "shutdown.exe" native to Windows 98.
    > What are you talking about?
    >
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    > http://home.satx.rr.com/badour/html/post.html
    >
    > On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 18:59:10 +0200, in
    > <>
    > Maria scrawled:
    >
    > >Hi,
    > >
    > >I know I have a shutdown.exe which works well under W98SE -- but is there a
    > >suspend.exe available?
    > >Maria

    > --
    > Basic computer maintenance

    Native or not Mike - what I am talking about it is called SHUTDOWN.EXE {Program
    Option 1-4} from rjlsoftware.com and it works for me and my computers.

    Originally it was sent to me as a joke 'how to get more sex' - so maybe there is
    more behind it ;-)))

    So, is there a suspend.exe or similar command line?

    Thanks,
    Maria
    Maria, Aug 24, 2004

    http://www.rjlsoftware.com/support.shtml

    brandon richards, Aug 24, 2004
  5. Maria

    °Mike° Guest

    On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 00:34:43 +0200, in
    <>
    Maria scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" wrote:
    >
    >> There is no "shutdown.exe" native to Windows 98.
    >> What are you talking about?

    <snip>

    >Native or not Mike - what I am talking about it is called SHUTDOWN.EXE {Program
    >Option 1-4} from rjlsoftware.com and it works for me and my computers.
    >
    >Originally it was sent to me as a joke 'how to get more sex' - so maybe there is
    >more behind it ;-)))
    >
    >So, is there a suspend.exe or similar command line?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Maria

    You can exit, reboot, log off, and restart
    Windows with a batch file, but I am not
    aware of a way to suspend Windows 98
    from a command.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Aug 25, 2004
  6. Maria

    Maria Guest

    "°Mike°" wrote:

    > On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 00:34:43 +0200, in
    > <>
    > Maria scrawled:
    >
    > >"°Mike°" wrote:
    > >
    > >> There is no "shutdown.exe" native to Windows 98.
    > >> What are you talking about?

    > <snip>
    >
    > >Native or not Mike - what I am talking about it is called SHUTDOWN.EXE {Program
    > >Option 1-4} from rjlsoftware.com and it works for me and my computers.
    > >
    > >Originally it was sent to me as a joke 'how to get more sex' - so maybe there is
    > >more behind it ;-)))
    > >
    > >So, is there a suspend.exe or similar command line?
    > >
    > >Thanks,
    > >Maria

    > You can exit, reboot, log off, and restart
    > Windows with a batch file, but I am not
    > aware of a way to suspend Windows 98
    > from a command.
    >
    > --
    > Basic computer maintenance

    Then how do my Laptop and Desktop know what to do when I press their 'Suspend' button
    or close the lid?
    Surely there must a program initiating sleep!
    Any clues?
    Maria
    Maria, Aug 26, 2004
  7. Maria

    °Mike° Guest

    On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 22:26:03 +0200, in
    <>
    Maria scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" wrote:

    <snip>

    >> You can exit, reboot, log off, and restart
    >> Windows with a batch file, but I am not
    >> aware of a way to suspend Windows 98
    >> from a command.
    >>

    >Then how do my Laptop and Desktop know what to do when
    >I press their 'Suspend' button or close the lid?
    >Surely there must a program initiating sleep!
    >Any clues?
    >Maria

    Of course something is initiating it, it's the operating
    system; I'm just not aware of a direct command that
    does this. Now, if you had asked about rebooting,
    or shutting down....

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Aug 26, 2004