    The exact same program installed the exact same way runs fine on the desktop
    and ran fine on this machine under Windows 98.

    Susie ...

    gmtobin, Jun 7, 2004

  2. gmtobin

    °Mike° Guest

    This applies to you:
    <news:>

    On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 03:21:03 GMT, in
    <zaRwc.92084$>
    gmtobin scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jun 7, 2004

  3. gmtobin

    claw Guest

    Susie: (?)
    Pay attention to Mike. What he says can be considered as Gospel. There are
    no better responders.

    claw, Jun 7, 2004
  4. gmtobin

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 21:28:09 -0700, in
    <A9Swc.65136$zN5.6089@fed1read01>
    claw scrawled:

    >Susie: (?)
    >Pay attention to Mike. What he says can be considered as Gospel.

    Oh, boy! Please don't say that...

    > There are no better responders.

    .... or that. I appreciate your compliments, but I am just another
    poster, like many others.

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jun 7, 2004
  5. gmtobin

    gmtobin Guest

    Thanks Mike ... guess it's easy to tell I am new at this. I appreciate the
    heads-up.

    Susie

    gmtobin, Jun 7, 2004
  6. gmtobin

    °Mike° Guest

    You're welcome, and thanks for taking it in the
    spirit that it was given.

    On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 16:04:21 GMT, in
    <9m0xc.142$>
    gmtobin scrawled:

    >Thanks Mike ... guess it's easy to tell I am new at this. I appreciate the
    >heads-up.
    >
    >Susie
    >

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> This applies to you:

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jun 7, 2004
  7. gmtobin

    Toolman Tim Guest

    gmtobin wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I read your comments about my cardfile problem. There was a clean
    > install but formated the disk FAT32 not NTFS. I did the same thing
    > on my desktop. Then I put cardfile back on both machines. It works
    > fine on my desktop but not on my laptop. I tried to start it by
    > unsing the start/run but I got the same result ... the cursor changes
    > from an arrow to an hourglass just for a second, turns back into the
    > arrow and then nothing.
    >
    > The exact same program installed the exact same way runs fine on the
    > desktop and ran fine on this machine under Windows 98.
    >
    > Susie

    My thoughts on this are that it shouldn't be happening (I use Cardfile on a
    dozen XP systems), but maybe a workaround might be in order? How about
    telling the computer to run the program in say a Windows 98 compatibility
    mode? Okay - I've never tried it. But it just might work.

    Find the EXE file (not a shortcut to it) and right-click on the file. Select
    "Properties" then click on the Compatibility tab. Checkmark in the box that
    says "Run this program in compatibility mode for" then select Windows 98/ME
    in the pulldown box.

    Let us know it it helps...

    Toolman Tim, Jun 8, 2004