    connection details with my isp provider in suse ? Sussed it out in red
    hat easily enough but suse's a little different. lol

    cheers

    Troglodyte, Oct 30, 2004

  2. Troglodyte

    thing Guest

    Troglodyte wrote:
    > Intalled suse 9.1. running win xp on a duel boot. So heres the quiery.
    > When I rebooted and came in to windeows. came up with a message about a
    > chain. OH SHIT! says I. Went into suse and then to yast. Pressed a
    > restore thing in yast, dont ask me to be certain, but I then rebooted
    > and hit the windows option and I was asked if I wanted to start up
    > windows normally. It worked and here I am.
    >
    > Next question, where the flamin hell do I go to set up the internet
    > connection details with my isp provider in suse ? Sussed it out in red
    > hat easily enough but suse's a little different. lol
    >
    > cheers

    I would think yast.

    Ive not used it much.

    regards

    Thing

    thing, Oct 30, 2004

  3. Troglodyte wrote:
    > Intalled suse 9.1. running win xp on a duel boot. So heres the quiery.
    > When I rebooted and came in to windeows. came up with a message about a
    > chain. OH SHIT! says I. Went into suse and then to yast. Pressed a
    > restore thing in yast, dont ask me to be certain, but I then rebooted
    > and hit the windows option and I was asked if I wanted to start up
    > windows normally. It worked and here I am.
    >
    > Next question, where the flamin hell do I go to set up the internet
    > connection details with my isp provider in suse ? Sussed it out in red
    > hat easily enough but suse's a little different. lol
    >
    > cheers

    Assuming you're using dialup goto Yast2 -> Network Devices -> Modem ->
    Configure

    If you've got a winmodem you may need a driver from www.linmodem.org
    otherwise there maybe a SuSE update (YOU)

    After you setup the modem there is a screen asking for an ISP, select
    new to enter your ISP ph # etc

    --

    No virus checking was performed on this outgoing email
    Since no Microsoft products were used in its generation

    Powered by :-

    #####
    # # # ## #### # # # # ## ##### ######
    # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #
    ##### # # # # #### # # # # # # #####
    # # ###### # # # # ## # ###### ##### #
    # # # # # # # # # ## ## # # # # #
    ##### ###### # # #### # # # # # # # # ######

    # ### ###
    ## # # # #
    # # # # # #
    # # # # #
    # # # ### # # ###
    # # # ### # # ###
    ##### ### ### ### ###

    Grant Chivers, Oct 30, 2004

    Ooops -- typo --- thats www.linmodems.org

    Grant Chivers, Oct 30, 2004
  5. Troglodyte

    Gordon Guest

    On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 22:29:04 +1300, Troglodyte wrote:

    > Next question, where the flamin hell do I go to set up the internet
    > connection details with my isp provider in suse ? Sussed it out in red
    > hat easily enough but suse's a little different. lol

    For FFS, get your hands dirty old chap!

    Linux, has many flavours but they are all sweet.

    Try alt.os.linux.suse. Yep, Ms Penguin is chatting away just fine there.
    And in English to boot. ;-)

    Gordon, Oct 31, 2004
  6. Troglodyte

    Troglodyte Guest

    Grant Chivers wrote:
    > Troglodyte wrote:
    >
    >> Intalled suse 9.1. running win xp on a duel boot. So heres the
    >> quiery. When I rebooted and came in to windeows. came up with a
    >> message about a chain. OH SHIT! says I. Went into suse and then to
    >> yast. Pressed a restore thing in yast, dont ask me to be certain, but
    >> I then rebooted and hit the windows option and I was asked if I wanted
    >> to start up windows normally. It worked and here I am.
    >>
    >> Next question, where the flamin hell do I go to set up the internet
    >> connection details with my isp provider in suse ? Sussed it out in
    >> red hat easily enough but suse's a little different. lol
    >>
    >> cheers

    > Assuming you're using dialup goto Yast2 -> Network Devices -> Modem ->
    > Configure
    >
    > If you've got a winmodem you may need a driver from www.linmodem.org
    > otherwise there maybe a SuSE update (YOU)
    >
    > After you setup the modem there is a screen asking for an ISP, select
    > new to enter your ISP ph # etc

    thats cool. I have done all that. Actually, I reformatted me whole
    system last night with win xp pro. And just put suse 9.1 back in again
    this morning. during the initial setup and install I had the modem
    working. It connected.

    The problem Im getting now is that when i click on the start menu, or at
    least that that windows refers to as the start menu, and click on
    internet, then dial up, it pops up a message that Kinternet is already
    running. Even tho the nets not hooked up. It also tells me that there
    is an icon in the bottom panel to configur etc and I damned if I can
    loacate it amung the other icons there.

    scuse typos. Im too piised off with it.

    Troglodyte, Nov 2, 2004
  7. Troglodyte

    Enkidu Guest

    On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 10:49:50 +1300, Troglodyte <>
    wrote:

    >scuse typos. Im too piised off with it.

    I love typos! Especially such serendipitous ones as your one about
    "duel" booting! Sounds like your OSes are fighting to get booted...
    That'd be about right for Linux and Windows.

    It is of course (to be pedantic) *dual* booting....

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Nov 2, 2004
  8. Troglodyte

    Troglodyte Guest

    Enkidu wrote:
    > On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 10:49:50 +1300, Troglodyte <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>scuse typos. Im too piised off with it.
    >>

    > I love typos! Especially such serendipitous ones as your one about
    > "duel" booting! Sounds like your OSes are fighting to get booted...
    > That'd be about right for Linux and Windows.
    >
    > It is of course (to be pedantic) *dual* booting....
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Cliff

    HEH HEH. LMAO. duel dual. You're right. lol

    Troglodyte, Nov 3, 2004