    enterprise.

    Can anyone here attest?

    NPF

    Northen Pike Face, Jul 15, 2004

  2. Northen Pike Face

    Consultant Guest

    i believe that is a very bold statement and he should be flogged

    Consultant, Jul 15, 2004

  3. Northen Pike Face

    Rick Guest

    NO sms here but I do have 2003 server with sus running on it.

    Rick

    Rick, Jul 15, 2004
  4. Northen Pike Face

    fygar Guest

    On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 12:25:32 -0700, "Northen Pike Face"
    <> wrote:

    >My protoge claims that no one on the planet is using SMS
    >2003/SUS combo method to do Windows Updates across the
    >enterprise.
    >
    >Can anyone here attest?
    >
    >NPF

    Works fine here ...

    If he is your protege, you should tell him to get back in his place
    and listen to his master.
    http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=protege

    .....butch()

    fygar, Jul 15, 2004
  5. Northen Pike Face

    Pike Face Guest

    Fygar lipps,

    Please please describe how you have made this work.

    I will send you amazon $ gift certs for meaty details, or
    a big piece of meat.

    Thx

    Pike Face, Jul 15, 2004
  6. Northen Pike Face

    Consultant Guest

    that's disgusting. this is not an adult chat room

    Consultant, Jul 15, 2004
  7. Northen Pike Face

    Kat Guest

    Goat or cow?

    Kat

    Kat, Jul 16, 2004
  8. Northen Pike Face

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Jul 15, 2004 "Kat" blathered:

    > Goat or cow?

    Like I told Frisbee, if it involves a goat, count me out.

    --
    TechGeekPro
    MCNGP #36, MCSA, A+, Net+, i-Net+

    TechGeekPro, Jul 16, 2004
  9. Ok, then i guess no one can answer my question.

    I guess the young lad is right, and therefore we need to
    spend all night patching machines even though we have a
    $100,000 SMS 2003 enterprise deployed by an over priced
    consulting company.

    Effing waste of $.

    Barracuda Lips, Jul 16, 2004
  10. Northen Pike Face

    Kat Guest

    They make a good stir fry though.

    kat

    Kat, Jul 16, 2004
  11. Northen Pike Face

    Kat Guest

    I don't see what the problem is, truth be told. Is there any particular
    reason you think it will not work?

    I did a simple google search, came up with several useful pages about the
    two together, none of which specified any problems. I think you'r "problem"
    is your "protege".

    Is he a friend of Wong's?

    Kat

    Kat, Jul 16, 2004
  12. Northen Pike Face

    Rokkit Balls Guest

    I did too Kat.

    All you get is SUS -VS- SMS propaganda.

    NOTHING about the integration of the two.

    Well, yeah, mish mash about SUS Feature Pack.

    But I see no evidence of anyone using the combo
    successfully to patch 98, 2000, XP, 2003 machines.

    Maybe its late and I'm an idiot.

    Maybe my dog will scratch my eyes out.

    wrote in message
    >> Ok, then i guess no one can answer my question.
    >>
    >> I guess the young lad is right, and therefore we need to
    >> spend all night patching machines even though we have a
    >> $100,000 SMS 2003 enterprise deployed by an over priced
    >> consulting company.
    >>
    >> Effing waste of $.

    message

    Rokkit Balls, Jul 16, 2004
  13. Northen Pike Face

    catwalker63 Guest

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserversystem/sus/suschoosing.mspx

    From the above link I am gathering they are independent and that sms does
    all that sus does and more.

    --
    Kelley
    aka catwalker

    catwalker63, Jul 16, 2004
  14. Northen Pike Face

    fygar Guest

    On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 14:41:24 -0700, "Pike Face"
    <> wrote:

    >Fygar lipps,
    >
    >Please please describe how you have made this work.
    >
    >I will send you amazon $ gift certs for meaty details, or
    >a big piece of meat.
    >
    >Thx

    Perhaps you could be more specific as to how you expect it to work.
    Both pieces of software work well when using best practices, but I'm
    not sure that one integrates into the other like it sounds like you're
    expecting.

    ....butch()

    fygar, Jul 16, 2004
  15. Northen Pike Face