SUS Server Logging Problem

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by Andy, Dec 20, 2004.

  1. Andy

    Andy Guest

    Dear All....

    I'm using Software Update Services in my Windows Server
    2003 Server for all of my Windows 2000 Professional Client.

    Suddenly, when I approved several new updates from
    Microsoft, I got this error messages in "Approval Log"

    Response object error 'ASP 0251 : 80004005'

    Response Buffer Limit Exceeded

    /autoupdate/administration/en/showlog.asp, line 0

    Execution of the ASP page caused the Response Buffer to
    exceed its configured limit.

    Can anybody help me to solve this problem ???

    Regards,

    Andy

    Andy, Dec 20, 2004

  2. Andy

    Boyan Guest

    Hi, Andy, although I have no idea, but it seems it is a
    asp problem. Response buffer is usually on. Does your log
    page is very log? Maybe you can try approve one by one.
    By the way, please do not forget to download sus sp1.
    Maybe your problem has already been fixed.

    Boyan, Dec 21, 2004

  3. Andy

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Dec 30, 2004
  4. Andy

    Baz Star Guest

    Clear the log (the button is at the bottom of the page).
    The alternative is to edit the .inc files in question
    (for example in the autoupdate\administration\shared\inc
    folder) - where you see For loops that have a high number
    of iterations, if at the end of each iteration you add
    the line: Response.Flush, this will stop ther buffer
    overflowing. The reason it's overflowing is because the
    log is probably very large - each time you click the
    approve updates button, it appends everything that was
    checked to the log. If you clicked this say 20 or 3o
    times, the log would reach that size. Just clear it. The
    othe altenative is just to edit the xml file (such as
    history-approve.xml) and keep the last approval lines and
    clear out the rest. Of course the button click is easier!

    Baz Star, Dec 30, 2004