    Does anyone know wether sus or wsus is covered (tested) on the 70-291?

    Which version of wsus?

    Thank you

    dave d., Jan 11, 2008

  2. "dave d." <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Does anyone know wether sus or wsus is covered (tested) on the 70-291?

    All three of the Windows Server exams (70-290, 70-291, and 70-293) cover
    WSUS 2.0 to some extent,
    as is plainly documented in the "Skills Being Measured" section of the
    relevant exam descriptions.

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCBMSP, MCTS, MCP

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

    Lawrence Garvin, Jan 12, 2008

  3. dave d.

    Adamu Garba Guest

    Dave

    Just make sure that you have the fundamental and practical knowledge of WSUS
    architecture and its principles of operations. the questions does not prompt
    whether version is this or that.
    Just be sure you ahve the updated knowledge.

    Adamu Garba
    MCSE

    Adamu Garba, Jan 12, 2008
  4. dave d.

    Andrew Du Guest

    With respect it's not THAT clearly documented. The description mentions SUS,
    the book I have (most recent afaik) covers WSUS2 but says the exam is about
    SUS, and of course now we have WSUS3. I think the question was a fair one. I
    read your answer as being that the current exam covers WSUS2. Correct?
    --
    No sig is a good sig

    Andrew Du, Jan 16, 2008
  5. dave d.

    John R Guest

    "Andrew Du" <> wrote in message
    > With respect it's not THAT clearly documented. The description mentions
    > SUS,
    > the book I have (most recent afaik) covers WSUS2 but says the exam is
    > about
    > SUS, and of course now we have WSUS3. I think the question was a fair one.
    > read your answer as being that the current exam covers WSUS2. Correct?
    > --
    > No sig is a good sig
    >

    > "Lawrence Garvin" wrote:
    >
    >> "dave d." <> wrote in message
    >> > Does anyone know wether sus or wsus is covered (tested) on the 70-291?

    >> All three of the Windows Server exams (70-290, 70-291, and 70-293) cover
    >> WSUS 2.0 to some extent,
    >> as is plainly documented in the "Skills Being Measured" section of
    >> the
    >> relevant exam descriptions.

    To my knowledge, the tests normally aren't updated to include new content.
    Any old content which is deemed to be incorrect because of newer versions
    and such is removed from the tests, but no new content is added based on
    newer versions. On that basis, (and as far as I remember), the questions
    that you might see on the test will probably not be specific to WSUS2 or
    WSUS3 or probably even WSUS. The NDA prevents me from telling you what you
    might see or what I saw, however I would suggest that you become familiar
    with the concepts of SUS, WSUS, client configuration for it, etc, and not
    worry so much about clicking here or there.

    Although, if you want to be a system administrator some day, or if you
    currently are one, you should know that too :)

    John R

    John R, Jan 16, 2008
  6. dave d.

    catwalker63 Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmV3IER1?= <> prattled
    ceaselessly in news::

    > With respect it's not THAT clearly documented. The description
    > mentions SUS, the book I have (most recent afaik) covers WSUS2 but
    > says the exam is about SUS, and of course now we have WSUS3. I think
    > the question was a fair one. I read your answer as being that the
    > current exam covers WSUS2. Correct?

    I believe Lawrence directed you to the Microsoft Learning website where the
    objectives for each exam are laid out. If you have questions about what
    will be on the exam, that's the place to look.

    --
    Catwalker
    MCNGP #43

    catwalker63, Jan 17, 2008