    here

    Thanks
    Rick
    Rick, Apr 1, 2004

  2. Rick

    Dragon Guest

    Get a trial version of VMWare and test it out... Or just get a PC and try it
    out...

    http://www.vmware.com/download/

    "Rick" <> wrote in message
    > I was looking to at the cost of the server licenses plus 2 sets of

    hardware

    Dragon, Apr 1, 2004

  3. Can both run on the same server no problem. We have 5 servers configured
    this way.

    Brendon Rogers, Apr 1, 2004
  4. Rick

    Guest Guest

    I would just advise you that SUS runs IIS lockdown
    automatically. If RIS, I dont belive it does, uses IIS
    then the lockdown tool could break it. Other than that I
    would not think there would be any issues.

    Guest, Apr 1, 2004
  5. RIS does not use IIS at all.

    Brendon Rogers, Apr 1, 2004
  6. Rick

    Danny Guest

    Totally agree with Brendon,

    no problem at all to run them on the same machine.

    Danny

    Danny, Apr 1, 2004
  7. No problems -- at all! :)
    In fact, i've even somewhat integrated the two with batch files.
    It'll run through the SUS files and add to the i386 folders the hotfixes and
    edit the appropriate files.
    Anyway, no problems at all.

    Sartan Dragonbane, Apr 2, 2004