    now I want to at least keep up with the Jones' since I have more money. So
    can you respond with the amount of RAM you currently have?

    Thanks!
    Julie P., May 3, 2005

  2. Julie P. wrote:
    > I have been on an upgrade kick recently since I discovered it was so easy to
    > install my CD-RW drive by myself. Next is RAM.
    >
    > I currently have 512 MB PC2700 DDR SD-RAM at 333 MHz, and just bought two
    > more 512 sticks, making for a total of 1,536 MB RAM. Is this enough? Or
    > should I keep buying more sticks? I can expand up to 4 GB.
    >
    > I assume most of you have at least 2 GB of RAM, but I want to be sure, so I
    > can know if my computer is up-to-date. I have an inferiority complex since I
    > only had a Pentium I until just last year, and a Mac SE until late 2000. So
    > now I want to at least keep up with the Jones' since I have more money. So
    > can you respond with the amount of RAM you currently have?

    I don't have enough RAM. I need a girl with money.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, May 3, 2005

  3. Julie P.

    Julie P. Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    > Julie P. wrote:
    >> I have been on an upgrade kick recently since I discovered it was so easy
    >> to install my CD-RW drive by myself. Next is RAM.
    >>
    >> I currently have 512 MB PC2700 DDR SD-RAM at 333 MHz, and just bought two
    >> more 512 sticks, making for a total of 1,536 MB RAM. Is this enough? Or
    >> should I keep buying more sticks? I can expand up to 4 GB.
    >>
    >> I assume most of you have at least 2 GB of RAM, but I want to be sure, so
    >> I can know if my computer is up-to-date. I have an inferiority complex
    >> since I only had a Pentium I until just last year, and a Mac SE until
    >> late 2000. So now I want to at least keep up with the Jones' since I have
    >> more money. So can you respond with the amount of RAM you currently have?

    > I don't have enough RAM. I need a girl with money.

    LOL! Wow! Usually posts here don't make me laugh at all. :)

    J.
    Julie P., May 3, 2005
  4. Julie P.

    WormWood Guest

    "Julie P." <> wrote in message
    >I have been on an upgrade kick recently since I discovered it was so
    >easy to install my CD-RW drive by myself. Next is RAM.
    >
    > I currently have 512 MB PC2700 DDR SD-RAM at 333 MHz, and just bought
    > two more 512 sticks, making for a total of 1,536 MB RAM. Is this
    > enough? Or should I keep buying more sticks? I can expand up to 4 GB.
    >
    > I assume most of you have at least 2 GB of RAM, but I want to be sure,
    > so I can know if my computer is up-to-date. I have an inferiority
    > complex since I only had a Pentium I until just last year, and a Mac
    > SE until late 2000. So now I want to at least keep up with the Jones'
    > since I have more money. So can you respond with the amount of RAM you
    > currently have?
    >
    > Thanks!

    I have one Ram......and 27 Ewes. It's enough.
    --
    NZ, here we come!
    WormWood, May 3, 2005
  5. Julie P. wrote:

    > I assume most of you have at least 2 GB of RAM, but I want to be sure, so I

    There's no way *most* have that much.

    > can you respond with the amount of RAM you currently have?

    512MB.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Blinky the Shark, May 3, 2005
  6. Julie P.

    philo Guest

    Rôgêr wrote:
    > Julie P. wrote:
    >
    >> I have been on an upgrade kick recently since I discovered it was so
    >> easy to install my CD-RW drive by myself. Next is RAM.
    >>
    >> I currently have 512 MB PC2700 DDR SD-RAM at 333 MHz, and just bought
    >> two more 512 sticks, making for a total of 1,536 MB RAM. Is this
    >> enough? Or should I keep buying more sticks? I can expand up to 4 GB.
    >>
    >> I assume most of you have at least 2 GB of RAM, but I want to be sure,
    >> so I can know if my computer is up-to-date. I have an inferiority
    >> complex since I only had a Pentium I until just last year, and a Mac
    >> SE until late 2000. So now I want to at least keep up with the Jones'
    >> since I have more money. So can you respond with the amount of RAM you
    >> currently have?

    > I don't have enough RAM. I need a girl with money.

    512megs is enough for general usage...
    if you use photoshop or do video editing 1 -2 gigs or more may be justified
    philo, May 3, 2005
  7. Julie P.

    Unk Guest

    On Mon, 2 May 2005 20:36:48 -0400, "Julie P." <> wrote:

    >I have been on an upgrade kick recently since I discovered it was so easy to
    >install my CD-RW drive by myself. Next is RAM.
    >
    >I currently have 512 MB PC2700 DDR SD-RAM at 333 MHz, and just bought two
    >more 512 sticks, making for a total of 1,536 MB RAM. Is this enough? Or
    >should I keep buying more sticks? I can expand up to 4 GB.
    >
    >I assume most of you have at least 2 GB of RAM, but I want to be sure, so I
    >can know if my computer is up-to-date. I have an inferiority complex since I
    >only had a Pentium I until just last year, and a Mac SE until late 2000. So
    >now I want to at least keep up with the Jones' since I have more money. So
    >can you respond with the amount of RAM you currently have?
    >
    >Thanks!

    Funny thing about Windows: No matter how much RAM you put in, when you bootup, you hear this
    tiny little voice saying, "moooorrrreee"
    I also haveThree DDR512 PC333 sticks.
    Unk, May 3, 2005
  8. WormWood wrote:

    > I have one Ram......and 27 Ewes. It's enough.

    Sounds like that ram's pretty ewesful.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Blinky the Shark, May 3, 2005
  9. Julie P.

    Julie P. Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > Julie P. wrote:
    >
    >> I assume most of you have at least 2 GB of RAM, but I want to be sure, so

    > There's no way *most* have that much.

    ok, I guess I was just so used to be being behind the times, that I just
    assumed most people had more than me.
    Julie P., May 3, 2005
  10. Julie P. wrote:

    > LOL! Wow! Usually posts here don't make me laugh at all. :)

    Okay, I made you laugh. So, can we get together?
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, May 3, 2005
  11. Julie P.

    Sultan Guest

    "Julie P." <> wrote in

    > I have been on an upgrade kick recently since I discovered it was

    so
    > easy to install my CD-RW drive by myself. Next is RAM.
    >
    > I currently have 512 MB PC2700 DDR SD-RAM at 333 MHz, and just

    bought
    > two more 512 sticks, making for a total of 1,536 MB RAM. Is this
    > enough? Or should I keep buying more sticks? I can expand up to 4

    GB.

    > I assume most of you have at least 2 GB of RAM, but I want to be

    sure,
    > so I can know if my computer is up-to-date. I have an inferiority
    > complex since I only had a Pentium I until just last year, and a

    Mac
    > SE until late 2000. So now I want to at least keep up with the

    Jones'
    > since I have more money. So can you respond with the amount of RAM

    you
    > currently have?
    >
    > Thanks!

    512MB DDR - more than enough - for now anyway.

    --

    Sultan
    Sultan, May 3, 2005
  12. Julie P.

    doS Guest

    No, you dont enough RAM......

    doS, May 3, 2005
  13. Julie P. wrote:

    > LOL! Wow! Usually posts here don't make me laugh at all. :)

    Shh. Act like nothing happened. My wife just came in.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, May 3, 2005
  14. Julie P.

    Julie P. Guest

    "philo" <> wrote in message
    > Rôgêr wrote:
    >> Julie P. wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have been on an upgrade kick recently since I discovered it was so
    >>> easy to install my CD-RW drive by myself. Next is RAM.
    >>>
    >>> I currently have 512 MB PC2700 DDR SD-RAM at 333 MHz, and just bought
    >>> two more 512 sticks, making for a total of 1,536 MB RAM. Is this enough?
    >>> Or should I keep buying more sticks? I can expand up to 4 GB.
    >>>
    >>> I assume most of you have at least 2 GB of RAM, but I want to be sure,
    >>> so I can know if my computer is up-to-date. I have an inferiority
    >>> complex since I only had a Pentium I until just last year, and a Mac SE
    >>> until late 2000. So now I want to at least keep up with the Jones' since
    >>> I have more money. So can you respond with the amount of RAM you
    >>> currently have?

    >> I don't have enough RAM. I need a girl with money.

    > 512megs is enough for general usage...
    > if you use photoshop or do video editing 1 -2 gigs or more may be
    > justified

    Thanks! I usually go by the University of Pennsylvania's desktop computing
    recommendations, which specifies what everyone should have. They say I
    should have at least 1 GB of RAM:

    2005-06 academic year:
    http://www.upenn.edu/computing/arch/standards/desktop-05-06-draft01.html

    2004-05 academic year:
    http://www.upenn.edu/computing/arch/standards/desktop-current.html

    My 10/100 Intel Pro ethernet card is already will be out of date starting
    this fall, since the new recommendations are for 10/100/1000!
    Julie P., May 3, 2005
  15. doS wrote:
    > No, you dont enough RAM......

    I'm working this side of the street. Go away.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, May 3, 2005
  16. Julie P.

    Julie P. Guest

    "Unk" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 2 May 2005 20:36:48 -0400, "Julie P." <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>I have been on an upgrade kick recently since I discovered it was so easy
    >>install my CD-RW drive by myself. Next is RAM.
    >>
    >>I currently have 512 MB PC2700 DDR SD-RAM at 333 MHz, and just bought two
    >>more 512 sticks, making for a total of 1,536 MB RAM. Is this enough? Or
    >>should I keep buying more sticks? I can expand up to 4 GB.
    >>
    >>I assume most of you have at least 2 GB of RAM, but I want to be sure, so
    >>can know if my computer is up-to-date. I have an inferiority complex since
    >>only had a Pentium I until just last year, and a Mac SE until late 2000.
    >>So
    >>now I want to at least keep up with the Jones' since I have more money. So
    >>can you respond with the amount of RAM you currently have?
    >>
    >>Thanks!
    >>

    > Funny thing about Windows: No matter how much RAM you put in, when you
    > bootup, you hear this
    > tiny little voice saying, "moooorrrreee"
    > I also haveThree DDR512 PC333 sticks.

    Wow! I didn't think this was allowed! I first just bought one 512 stick for
    $40, but then they trick you, since RAM has to be installed in pairs! So I
    had to buy another stick for another $40! they don't tell you this upfront,
    although I suppose I would have know if I had only read my manual first!

    And then they (as in CompUSA) tell you you need the PC3200 when they look up
    your computer. But they don't tell you the only reason they tell you that is
    because 3200 is backwards compatible, in case you require PC2700!

    I did some checking, and it appears that my Dell needs PC2700, since I have
    a 533 MHz FSB, not 800 MHz. The Dell manual did not state this, but I read
    this on some non-Dell website, so I assume this is true. I do not know if I
    can actually use PC3200 or if I would actually get enhanced performance if I
    bought the more expensive PC3200.
    Julie P., May 3, 2005
  17. Julie P.

    Julie P. Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    > Julie P. wrote:
    >
    >> LOL! Wow! Usually posts here don't make me laugh at all. :)

    > Shh. Act like nothing happened. My wife just came in.

    This *is* funny! Better than the usual in-fighting this ng often sees!
    Julie P., May 3, 2005
  18. Julie P.

    x@y Guest

    "Julie P." <> wrote in message

    > can you respond with the amount of RAM you currently have?
    ><snip>
    > Thanks!

    512MB PC2100 CL2 DDR,

    good enough for another couple of weeks.

    Cheers, x@y.
    x@y, May 3, 2005
  19. Julie P.

    WormWood Guest

    > WormWood wrote:
    >
    >> I have one Ram......and 27 Ewes. It's enough.

    > Sounds like that ram's pretty ewesful.

    He helps me out a lot ;-))
    WormWood, May 3, 2005
  20. Julie P.

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Julie P." <> wrote in message

    > "Unk" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 2 May 2005 20:36:48 -0400, "Julie P." <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I have been on an upgrade kick recently since I discovered it was so easy
    >>>install my CD-RW drive by myself. Next is RAM.
    >>>
    >>>I currently have 512 MB PC2700 DDR SD-RAM at 333 MHz, and just bought two
    >>>more 512 sticks, making for a total of 1,536 MB RAM. Is this enough? Or
    >>>should I keep buying more sticks? I can expand up to 4 GB.
    >>>
    >>>I assume most of you have at least 2 GB of RAM, but I want to be sure, so
    >>>can know if my computer is up-to-date. I have an inferiority complex
    >>>since I
    >>>only had a Pentium I until just last year, and a Mac SE until late 2000.
    >>>So
    >>>now I want to at least keep up with the Jones' since I have more money.
    >>>So
    >>>can you respond with the amount of RAM you currently have?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks!
    >>>

    >> Funny thing about Windows: No matter how much RAM you put in, when you
    >> bootup, you hear this
    >> tiny little voice saying, "moooorrrreee"
    >> I also haveThree DDR512 PC333 sticks.

    > Wow! I didn't think this was allowed! I first just bought one 512 stick
    > for $40, but then they trick you, since RAM has to be installed in pairs!
    > So I had to buy another stick for another $40! they don't tell you this
    > upfront, although I suppose I would have know if I had only read my manual
    > first!
    >
    > And then they (as in CompUSA) tell you you need the PC3200 when they look
    > up your computer. But they don't tell you the only reason they tell you
    > that is because 3200 is backwards compatible, in case you require PC2700!
    >
    > I did some checking, and it appears that my Dell needs PC2700, since I
    > have a 533 MHz FSB, not 800 MHz. The Dell manual did not state this, but I
    > read this on some non-Dell website, so I assume this is true. I do not
    > know if I can actually use PC3200 or if I would actually get enhanced
    > performance if I bought the more expensive PC3200.

    Faster RAM will not enhance performance, unless you overclock. If your FSB
    and mobo is set up to run PC2700, your RAM will run at that speed, even if
    it is capable of running faster.

    I have 1gig in the computer I do my graphics work on, and half that on my
    laptop which is primarily my surfing/email/ng computer.
    Toolman Tim, May 3, 2005