    3. What is the input wattage to a non-computer surround sound system? I'm guessing fairly low as well.

    Any other comments will be appreciated.

    Thanks

    gmacpro, Jan 7, 2008

  2. gmacpro

    gmacpro

    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    I found the info...

    Here it is for others:

    >1. What is the output wattage for a computer audio card?
    around 400mV

    >2. What is the max input wattage for computer speakers?
    May are rated as 250 to 400 mV - but I can't find the max value

    >3. What is the input wattage to a non-computer surround sound system?
    Many are rated between 250 and 400 mV for input sensitivity

    Bottom line, if you do this like I have, it works great but you better remember to turn your stereo volume off before turning on your computer speakers otherwise you will fry the 5.1 computer amp. Your best bet is to turn off both volume controls, then turn up the computer speakers to 3/4 and then inch up the stereo volume to a reasonable level.

    Cheers

    gmacpro, Jan 8, 2008