    but star wars 3 has a test menu.. i've tried it and still have the
    same problem... and its 2005!?)
    , Mar 10, 2007

  2. MassiveProng Guest

    On 10 Mar 2007 09:18:34 -0800, Gave us:

    >Recently I bought a Pioneer Vsx-516 receiver. I have a Test Disc for
    >home theatres in 5.1... I have The 5 speakers hooked up. I have the
    >front right and left channel working and the center channel working...
    >but the two rear channels are playing together. I've called Pioneer
    >support and they told me it was the cable I was using. They said to
    >put it in coax or Fiber-optics. I have it playing in coax and still
    >have the same problem. If any body know whats going on could you
    >please help me? Thanks!
    >
    >(I called best-buy and they said it was the test disk...its 2002...
    >but star wars 3 has a test menu.. i've tried it and still have the
    >same problem... and its 2005!?)

    What "test disc"?

    Buy and USE the Digital Video Essentials disc.

    Also, you have to make sure you set your receiver to the right mode
    as well.

    Another thing to be sure of is the connection to those rear speakers
    being sound (read good quality).
    MassiveProng, Mar 10, 2007

  3. Rich Clark Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Recently I bought a Pioneer Vsx-516 receiver. I have a Test Disc for
    > home theatres in 5.1... I have The 5 speakers hooked up. I have the
    > front right and left channel working and the center channel working...
    > but the two rear channels are playing together. I've called Pioneer
    > support and they told me it was the cable I was using. They said to
    > put it in coax or Fiber-optics. I have it playing in coax and still
    > have the same problem. If any body know whats going on could you
    > please help me? Thanks!
    >
    > (I called best-buy and they said it was the test disk...its 2002...
    > but star wars 3 has a test menu.. i've tried it and still have the
    > same problem... and its 2005!?)

    It sounds like you're in Dolby Pro-Logic mode rather than Dolby Digital or
    DTS. DPL only has one surround channel, shared among whatever surround
    speakers are connected.

    Rich Clark, Mar 10, 2007
  4. MassiveProng Guest

    On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 13:53:31 -0500, "Rich Clark"
    <> Gave us:

    ><> wrote in message
    >> Recently I bought a Pioneer Vsx-516 receiver. I have a Test Disc for
    >> home theatres in 5.1... I have The 5 speakers hooked up. I have the
    >> front right and left channel working and the center channel working...
    >> but the two rear channels are playing together. I've called Pioneer
    >> support and they told me it was the cable I was using. They said to
    >> put it in coax or Fiber-optics. I have it playing in coax and still
    >> have the same problem. If any body know whats going on could you
    >> please help me? Thanks!
    >>
    >> (I called best-buy and they said it was the test disk...its 2002...
    >> but star wars 3 has a test menu.. i've tried it and still have the
    >> same problem... and its 2005!?)

    >It sounds like you're in Dolby Pro-Logic mode rather than Dolby Digital or
    >DTS. DPL only has one surround channel, shared among whatever surround
    >speakers are connected.

    I too suspected an incorrect mode selection.
    MassiveProng, Mar 10, 2007