    just a quick question will windows xp surf the net quicker than windows me?
    i have windows me and my mate has windows xp we both have the same 750k
    b/band but his is a lot faster at surfing than mine is this normal?
    tracy list, Jan 22, 2005

  2. tracy list

    Saba Guest

    "tracy list" <> schreef in bericht
    news:ZcuId.340$...
    | just a quick question will windows xp surf the net quicker than windows
    me?
    | i have windows me and my mate has windows xp we both have the same 750k
    | b/band but his is a lot faster at surfing than mine is this normal?

    depends on which programs run in background... see processes and memory
    use..
    Saba, Jan 22, 2005

  3. tracy list

    EricP Guest

    On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 15:22:33 GMT, "tracy list"
    <> wrote:

    >just a quick question will windows xp surf the net quicker than windows me?
    >i have windows me and my mate has windows xp we both have the same 750k
    >b/band but his is a lot faster at surfing than mine is this normal?

    Yes. This was commented on when XP came out. The only conclusion
    anyone came to is that XP is larger bloatware than ME.
    EricP, Jan 22, 2005
  4. EricP wrote:

    > On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 15:22:33 GMT, "tracy list"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>just a quick question will windows xp surf the net quicker than windows me?
    >>i have windows me and my mate has windows xp we both have the same 750k
    >>b/band but his is a lot faster at surfing than mine is this normal?
    >>

    > Yes. This was commented on when XP came out. The only conclusion
    > anyone came to is that XP is larger bloatware than ME.

    Tracy said that XP is faster than ME so you conclude that XP is more
    bloated than ME?
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jan 22, 2005
  5. tracy list

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "tracy list" <> wrote in message
    | just a quick question will windows xp surf the net quicker than windows
    me?
    | i have windows me and my mate has windows xp we both have the same 750k
    | b/band but his is a lot faster at surfing than mine is this normal?

    IIRC, since XP is based on NT, which was designed to be network aware from
    the ground up, and Windows ME is built on the 9x Windows, XP is designed for
    better networking performance. In fact, ME cannot be used in many networking
    enviroments.
    Toolman Tim, Jan 22, 2005
  6. On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 15:22:33 GMT, "tracy list"
    <> wrote:

    >just a quick question will windows xp surf the net quicker than windows me?
    >i have windows me and my mate has windows xp we both have the same 750k
    >b/band but his is a lot faster at surfing than mine is this normal?

    It depends. Internal settings in windows can reduce download speeds.
    A slower computer can take longer to display the pages once they're
    downloaded making the surfing seem slower (most common cause). Your
    downstream is slowed when your upstream is busy because file requests
    and acknowledgements are delayed in your traffic stream. Are you
    using file sharing software? Have you confirmed your machine is
    spyware and virus free?

    Swill

    --

    You can have my forteinc.com account when you pry it out of my
    cold, dead, hard drive. http://www.forteinc.com
    Governor Swill, Jan 23, 2005