    I,ve had a surface mount ribbon connector come off a video card and was
    wondering if anybody knew where I could get it re-attached in Christchurch?

    TIA

    Fres the Fish, Aug 22, 2009

  2. Fres the Fish

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <h6n976$2kq$>, ly says...
    > Hi all
    >
    > I,ve had a surface mount ribbon connector come off a video card and was
    > wondering if anybody knew where I could get it re-attached in Christchurch?

    Graeme will fix it for you, and he won't charge you an arm and a leg for
    it either.

    http://yellow.co.nz/search/christchurch/vintron-1.html

    --
    Duncan

    Dave Doe, Aug 22, 2009

  3. Dave Doe wrote:

    > In article <h6n976$2kq$>, ly says...
    >> Hi all
    >>
    >> I,ve had a surface mount ribbon connector come off a video card and was
    >> wondering if anybody knew where I could get it re-attached in
    >> Christchurch?

    > Graeme will fix it for you, and he won't charge you an arm and a leg for
    > it either.
    >
    > http://yellow.co.nz/search/christchurch/vintron-1.html

    Thanks a lot, will call on Monday. Is on my way to work too :)

    Fred the Fish, Aug 22, 2009
  4. Fres the Fish

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Dave Doe wrote:
    > In article <h6n976$2kq$>, ly says...
    >> Hi all
    >>
    >> I,ve had a surface mount ribbon connector come off a video card and
    >> was wondering if anybody knew where I could get it re-attached in
    >> Christchurch?

    > Graeme will fix it for you, and he won't charge you an arm and a leg
    > for it either.
    >
    > http://yellow.co.nz/search/christchurch/vintron-1.html

    Second the vote for Graeme. I share his ethos. He's a 'don't trash it when
    you can fix it' man and he tries to make fixing it as affordable as
    possible.

    Top guy. (I think we're talking about the same person...)
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Aug 23, 2009
  5. Fres the Fish

    Fred_Fish Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > Somewhere on teh intarwebs Dave Doe wrote:
    >> In article <h6n976$2kq$>, ly says...
    >>> Hi all
    >>>
    >>> I,ve had a surface mount ribbon connector come off a video card and
    >>> was wondering if anybody knew where I could get it re-attached in
    >>> Christchurch?

    >> Graeme will fix it for you, and he won't charge you an arm and a leg
    >> for it either.
    >>
    >> http://yellow.co.nz/search/christchurch/vintron-1.html

    > Second the vote for Graeme. I share his ethos. He's a 'don't trash it when
    > you can fix it' man and he tries to make fixing it as affordable as
    > possible.
    >
    > Top guy. (I think we're talking about the same person...)

    Cool. I can get a new one for about $50 and some waiting, but I agree
    and would rather repair than landfill it.

    The connector in question has been held in place by a bit of ice cream
    container lid jammed between it and the laptop chassis for the last
    month and even survived a trip to China & back :). But now is time for a
    more permanent fix.

    Fred_Fish, Aug 23, 2009