    Tried Googling no joy so far...

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Nov 8, 2007

  2. thingy

    Puddle Guest

    thingy wrote:
    > Running an AMD 6000x2 but I notice its only using 1 cpu (which is at 95%
    > while the second shows 5%).....
    >
    > yet BF2142 runs on both CPUs at 50% (ish) each....and runs very
    > well...impressed in fact....
    >
    > So is there a patch or click box I am missing? SC is patched fully...
    >
    > Tried Googling no joy so far...
    >
    > regards
    >
    > Thing

    I remember stumbling on a forum where people were talking about this.
    Someone was saying that one core is used for the majority of the work
    and the other cores are used for only minor things.. whether that be
    true or not I am not sure..

    Perhaps Forged Alliance will fix things, they reckon the Forged Alliance
    actually runs a bit quicker than SC. It is available now at your local
    torrent and in shops in the USA... but sadly and stupidly won't be out
    in NZ until late November...

    Puddle, Nov 8, 2007

  3. thingy

    Puddle Guest

    thingy wrote:
    > Running an AMD 6000x2 but I notice its only using 1 cpu (which is at 95%
    > while the second shows 5%).....
    >
    > yet BF2142 runs on both CPUs at 50% (ish) each....and runs very
    > well...impressed in fact....
    >
    > So is there a patch or click box I am missing? SC is patched fully...
    >
    > Tried Googling no joy so far...
    >
    > regards
    >
    > Thing

    This maybe of interest..
    http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTMwNiw4LCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==

    Puddle, Nov 8, 2007
  4. thingy

    thingy Guest

    Puddle wrote:
    > thingy wrote:
    >> Running an AMD 6000x2 but I notice its only using 1 cpu (which is at
    >> 95% while the second shows 5%).....
    >>
    >> yet BF2142 runs on both CPUs at 50% (ish) each....and runs very
    >> well...impressed in fact....
    >>
    >> So is there a patch or click box I am missing? SC is patched fully...
    >>
    >> Tried Googling no joy so far...
    >>
    >> regards
    >>
    >> Thing

    > This maybe of interest..
    > http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTMwNiw4LCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==

    yeah I found this plus a few MS KBs and something called maximiser....

    So I have a few things to try....

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Nov 8, 2007
  5. thingy

    thingy Guest

    Puddle wrote:
    > thingy wrote:
    >> Running an AMD 6000x2 but I notice its only using 1 cpu (which is at
    >> 95% while the second shows 5%).....
    >>
    >> yet BF2142 runs on both CPUs at 50% (ish) each....and runs very
    >> well...impressed in fact....
    >>
    >> So is there a patch or click box I am missing? SC is patched fully...
    >>
    >> Tried Googling no joy so far...
    >>
    >> regards
    >>
    >> Thing

    > This maybe of interest..
    > http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTMwNiw4LCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==

    Tried playing SC over the weekend....the first cpu stayed at about
    90~95% and the second one ramped up as the game progressed getting to
    about 40% (at max units allowed) at which point there was some minor
    issues with trying to get units to move....(but that might have been me)...

    So SC seems to use/balance the cpus in a way I have never seen
    before.....most games and other apps seem to balance roughly, say 60~70%
    for one with 30~40% on the other and then ramp up together.....

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Nov 12, 2007