Supra external won't work in Windows 2000?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Johnny Asia, Oct 2, 2004.

  1. Johnny Asia

    Johnny Asia Guest

    I just bought a SupraMax 56K External V.92, #SM56E
    When I tried to install it, Windows locked up. After I rebooted
    I was able to install the modem, but when I try to connect to
    the internet, or run modem diagnostics, Windows freezes up
    and I have to reboot. When I tried to install the communications
    software from the Supra installation cd, I got a message that
    Windows 2000 doesn't support the software.

    Do you have any ideas about what the problem is?

    my system:

    Windows 2000 Professional w/ service pack 3
    ASUS P4P800-E DELUXE mainboard
    P4 2.8EGHz
    1GB Geil Dual Channel PC3200
    Thermaltake 420 watt psu
    WD 80 GB hard drive
    ATI 7200 LE 32MB video card

    +

    Johnny Asia, Guitarist from the Future
    http://johnnyasia.info

    "If you want to know what the future of music sounds like..listen to
    Johnny Asia, then you'll know!" - Jazz guitar legend Dom Minasi

    "Johnny's music is universal in the truest sense of the term. It
    embraces the musics of this world and anticipates those yet to be
    discovered in the future. In a concert at Pauline Oliveros
    Foundation's Gallery at Deep Listening Space, Johnny's riveting
    performance transported the audience across time to places MTV can
    only dream about." - Joe McPhee
    ("Joe McPhee is probably the best saxophone/cornet instrumentalist in
    the history of jazz." - Cadence Magazine )

    Review from
    Listen.com, Your Guide to Online Music
    "When a man describes himself as a "guitarist from the future" the
    warning bells go off, ... But Johnny Asia really sounds like he's
    doing something new. .....Check the mans' music out and hear something
    different."

    Johnny Asia, Oct 2, 2004

  2. Johnny Asia

    Payne747 Guest

    Johnny Asia wrote:
    > I just bought a SupraMax 56K External V.92, #SM56E
    > When I tried to install it, Windows locked up. After I rebooted
    > I was able to install the modem, but when I try to connect to
    > the internet, or run modem diagnostics, Windows freezes up
    > and I have to reboot. When I tried to install the communications
    > software from the Supra installation cd, I got a message that
    > Windows 2000 doesn't support the software.
    >
    > Do you have any ideas about what the problem is?
    >
    > my system:
    >
    > Windows 2000 Professional w/ service pack 3
    > ASUS P4P800-E DELUXE mainboard
    > P4 2.8EGHz
    > 1GB Geil Dual Channel PC3200
    > Thermaltake 420 watt psu
    > WD 80 GB hard drive
    > ATI 7200 LE 32MB video card
    >
    > +
    >
    > Johnny Asia, Guitarist from the Future
    > http://johnnyasia.info
    >

    > "If you want to know what the future of music sounds like..listen to
    > Johnny Asia, then you'll know!" - Jazz guitar legend Dom Minasi
    >

    > "Johnny's music is universal in the truest sense of the term. It
    > embraces the musics of this world and anticipates those yet to be
    > discovered in the future. In a concert at Pauline Oliveros
    > Foundation's Gallery at Deep Listening Space, Johnny's riveting
    > performance transported the audience across time to places MTV can
    > only dream about." - Joe McPhee
    > ("Joe McPhee is probably the best saxophone/cornet instrumentalist in
    > the history of jazz." - Cadence Magazine )
    >
    > Review from
    > Listen.com, Your Guide to Online Music
    > "When a man describes himself as a "guitarist from the future" the
    > warning bells go off, ... But Johnny Asia really sounds like he's
    > doing something new. .....Check the mans' music out and hear something
    > different."

    Try downloading the Win2k driver from their site:

    http://www.diamondmm.com/modems.php

    It's the second on one the list. if that dont work try this link:

    http://www.diamondmm.com/newarchive...76879646F6968617665746F646F746869733F&ml=6E6F

    There site have a stupid system which requires you to register to get
    drivers so hopefully those links will get round it.

    --
    Payne747
    http://www-the-serpent.co.uk

    Payne747, Oct 2, 2004

  3. Johnny Asia

    Johnny Asia Guest

    >Try downloading the Win2k driver from their site:
    >
    >http://www.diamondmm.com/modems.php

    I did that, I unistalled the modem, then rebooted & used the
    new drivers, same thing happens. Windows locks up when
    I try to connect to the internet or run modem diagnostics.

    Johnny Asia, Oct 2, 2004
  4. Johnny Asia

    Trent© Guest

    On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 14:51:27 GMT, pope_about_town at Xyahoo.com
    (Johnny Asia) wrote:

    > I just bought a SupraMax 56K External V.92, #SM56E
    >When I tried to install it, Windows locked up. After I rebooted
    >I was able to install the modem, but when I try to connect to
    >the internet, or run modem diagnostics, Windows freezes up
    >and I have to reboot. When I tried to install the communications
    >software from the Supra installation cd, I got a message that
    >Windows 2000 doesn't support the software.
    >
    >Do you have any ideas about what the problem is?

    I think the problem is that yer runnin' Windows 2000! lol

    What part of the message didn't you understand?! lol

    Have a nice week...

    Trent

    Trent©, Oct 3, 2004