    thread as read. Other times I want to mark a thread as read and I'm not
    ever interested in future messages on it. Which does "k" do? What are
    the context-menu commands for these functions? TIA

    Stubby, Jan 3, 2007

  2. Stubby

    Miller Guest

    *Stubby* wrote on 03.01.07 22:52:
    > Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 on Win2kP SP4
    >
    > I need practical assistance with editing keys. Sometimes I just want
    > to mark the current message a read, sometimes I want to mark the whole
    > thread as read. Other times I want to mark a thread as read and I'm not
    > ever interested in future messages on it. Which does "k" do? What are
    > the context-menu commands for these functions? TIA

    Maybe this might be useful for you:
    http://allhotkeys.com/mozilla_thunderbird_hotkeys.html

    You can also define or alter your own keyboard shortcuts
    with keyconfig-extension:
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Keyconfig_extension

    HTH, M.

    Miller, Jan 3, 2007

  3. Stubby wrote:
    > Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 on Win2kP SP4
    >
    > I need practical assistance with editing keys. Sometimes I just want
    > to mark the current message a read, sometimes I want to mark the whole
    > thread as read. Other times I want to mark a thread as read and I'm not
    > ever interested in future messages on it. Which does "k" do? What are
    > the context-menu commands for these functions? TIA

    Use the Mark button, or the relative keys, or select from the Message menu

    Mark
    Mark message read M
    Mark thread as read R

    To ignore a thread use K

    The menu commands are available in the Message menu (context sensitive)

    So, to mark the current message as read, hit the Mark button or the M key
    to mark the whole thread as read, select it from the menu or hit R
    to mark a thread read and never see replies for it, select ignore from
    the menu or hit K

    Moz Champion (Dan), Jan 3, 2007
  4. Stubby

    Stubby Guest

    Miller wrote:
    > *Stubby* wrote on 03.01.07 22:52:
    >> Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 on Win2kP SP4
    >>
    >> I need practical assistance with editing keys. Sometimes I just want
    >> to mark the current message a read, sometimes I want to mark the whole
    >> thread as read. Other times I want to mark a thread as read and I'm not
    >> ever interested in future messages on it. Which does "k" do? What are
    >> the context-menu commands for these functions? TIA

    > Maybe this might be useful for you:
    > http://allhotkeys.com/mozilla_thunderbird_hotkeys.html
    >
    > You can also define or alter your own keyboard shortcuts
    > with keyconfig-extension:
    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/Keyconfig_extension

    I'll take a look at it; however, I'm not interested in changing the
    default keys, but rather, know what keys do common functions.

    Stubby, Jan 4, 2007
  5. Stubby

    Stubby Guest

    Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

    > So, to mark the current message as read, hit the Mark button or the M key
    > to mark the whole thread as read, select it from the menu or hit R
    > to mark a thread read and never see replies for it, select ignore from
    > the menu or hit K

    Thanks. I'll try it.

    Stubby, Jan 4, 2007