    are laughing your asses off).

    Thanks,

    Sammy
    sammy, Aug 27, 2007

  2. sammy

    Guest

    "sammy" <sammy@toast> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >Any one know of a support type newsgroup for Nokia cell phones and if that's
    >too specific a support newsgroup for cell phones in general?

    alt.cellular.nokia
    Is very good and where I started when I got my Nokia

    >I read the manual online for the Nokia 2126 and I'm still so lost it ain't
    >funny (at least to me it's not but knowing this group I'm sure some of you
    >are laughing your asses off).

    This is a Tracfone you can't do too much with one of those.

    --

    Ohio flood aftermath
    http://sevenels.net/flood/07flood.html

  3. sammy

    sammy Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > "sammy" <sammy@toast> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>Any one know of a support type newsgroup for Nokia cell phones and if
    >>that's
    >>too specific a support newsgroup for cell phones in general?

    > alt.cellular.nokia
    > Is very good and where I started when I got my Nokia
    >
    >>I read the manual online for the Nokia 2126 and I'm still so lost it ain't
    >>funny (at least to me it's not but knowing this group I'm sure some of you
    >>are laughing your asses off).

    > This is a Tracfone you can't do too much with one of those.
    >

    > --
    >
    > Ohio flood aftermath
    > http://sevenels.net/flood/07flood.html

    Yes, it's a basic cell phone, a pretty good one.

    But every one of the ringtones is like a stupid little song. I don't like
    them. I want the thing to ring like a goddam telephone. If I want music I'll
    turn on the radio or play a CD.

    But the phone has a 30 second voice recorder device. It also has a gallery
    where you can store files, including audio files. I'm trying to figure out
    if there is a way to use the voice recorder to record a ringing telephone
    and then store it in an audio gallery audio file so I can use it as a
    ringtone. Anyone know if this is possible?

    Thanks,

    Mike
    sammy, Aug 27, 2007
  4. sammy

    JANA Guest

    In most any phone that can play MP3's, you can copy any sound over to the
    audio folder, and then you should be able to call it up as a ring tone. Go
    through the menus on the phone, and look for where the media is, you can
    then copy the sound file over.

    Another approach is to record the ring tone on another device, and then copy
    it over to the phone as a music file. The you can go in to the ring set up
    and select that file as a ring tone.

    This applied almost all the MP3 capable phones.

    Most telephone companies have a support department where customers can call
    up and have assistance with their phones. The telephone companies over where
    I am located all have that type of service. Have you tried calling your
    phone service company to find out?

    --

    JANA
    _____

    "sammy" <sammy@toast> wrote in message

    JANA, Aug 27, 2007
  5. sammy

    JANA Guest

    Yea! My ass fell off, and I had to pick it back up again, and gaffer tape
    it back!

    --

    JANA
    _____

    Hi,

    Any one know of a support type newsgroup for Nokia cell phones and if that's
    too specific a support newsgroup for cell phones in general?

    I read the manual online for the Nokia 2126 and I'm still so lost it ain't
    funny (at least to me it's not but knowing this group I'm sure some of you
    are laughing your asses off).

    Thanks,

    Sammy

    _____________________

    Yea! My ass fell off, and I had to pick it back up again, and gaffer tape
    it back on!

    --

    JANA
    _____
    JANA, Aug 27, 2007
  6. sammy

    Guest

    "sammy" <sammy@toast> wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >> "sammy" <sammy@toast> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi,
    >>>
    >>>Any one know of a support type newsgroup for Nokia cell phones and if
    >>>that's
    >>>too specific a support newsgroup for cell phones in general?

    >> alt.cellular.nokia
    >> Is very good and where I started when I got my Nokia
    >>
    >>>I read the manual online for the Nokia 2126 and I'm still so lost it ain't
    >>>funny (at least to me it's not but knowing this group I'm sure some of you
    >>>are laughing your asses off).

    >> This is a Tracfone you can't do too much with one of those.

    >Yes, it's a basic cell phone, a pretty good one.
    >
    >But every one of the ringtones is like a stupid little song. I don't like
    >them. I want the thing to ring like a goddam telephone. If I want music I'll
    >turn on the radio or play a CD.
    >
    >But the phone has a 30 second voice recorder device. It also has a gallery
    >where you can store files, including audio files. I'm trying to figure out
    >if there is a way to use the voice recorder to record a ringing telephone
    >and then store it in an audio gallery audio file so I can use it as a
    >ringtone. Anyone know if this is possible?

    :) everybody wants an old phone ringtone here:
    Old_Phone.mid:
    http://files.filefront.com//;8408272;;/

    My son had a Tracfone I was unsuccessful in installing a ringtone for
    him.

    He could download them for a fee, but I just couldn't get one to his
    phone without it being connected to the computer (which it couldn't
    be). Even sending them my SMS didn't work.

    Your recorder attempt sounds feasible if you are allowed to search
    outside of the ringtone directory.

    --

    Ohio flood aftermath
    http://sevenels.net/flood/07flood.html
    , Aug 27, 2007
  7. sammy

    pcbutts1 Guest

    http://www.howardforums.com/

    pcbutts1, Aug 27, 2007
  8. sammy

    sammy Guest

    "JANA" <> wrote in message
    > Yea! My ass fell off, and I had to pick it back up again, and gaffer tape
    > it back!
    >
    > --
    >
    > JANA
    > _____
    >

    > "sammy" <sammy@toast> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Any one know of a support type newsgroup for Nokia cell phones and if
    > that's
    > too specific a support newsgroup for cell phones in general?
    >
    > I read the manual online for the Nokia 2126 and I'm still so lost it ain't
    > funny (at least to me it's not but knowing this group I'm sure some of you
    > are laughing your asses off).
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Sammy
    >

    > _____________________
    >

    > Yea! My ass fell off, and I had to pick it back up again, and gaffer tape
    > it back on!
    >
    > --
    >
    > JANA
    > _____

    Probaly took two, maybe three rolls, right?
    sammy, Aug 27, 2007
  9. sammy

    nobody > Guest

    JANA wrote:
    > Yea! My ass fell off, and I had to pick it back up again, and gaffer tape
    > it back!

    Uhhhh... it doesn't look normal under your nose.
    nobody >, Aug 27, 2007