    Many thanks,

    -k
    , Mar 18, 2007

  2. Mike Easter Guest

    wrote:

    > Does anyone know a way to supply password at command line for Winrar?
    > I looked at the help but found nothing.

    unrar x -p password filename.rar

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Mar 18, 2007

  3. knguyen Guest

    On Mar 18, 6:10 pm, "Mike Easter" <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Does anyone know a way to supply password at command line for Winrar?
    > > I looked at the help but found nothing.

    > unrar x -p password filename.rar
    >
    > --
    > Mike Easter

    Mike,

    This does not work. I think -p means setting the password instead.

    -k
    knguyen, Mar 19, 2007
  4. Mike Easter Guest

    knguyen wrote:
    > "Mike Easter"
    >> wrote:
    >>> Does anyone know a way to supply password at command line for
    >>> Winrar? I looked at the help but found nothing.

    >> unrar x -p password filename.rar

    > This does not work. I think -p means setting the password instead.

    Try leaving out the space and using some "/quotes

    If your filename has a space in it, "/quote that too,

    Mike Easter, Mar 19, 2007
  5. why? Guest

    On 18 Mar 2007 18:33:14 -0700, knguyen wrote:

    >On Mar 18, 6:10 pm, "Mike Easter" <> wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >> > Does anyone know a way to supply password at command line for Winrar?
    >> > I looked at the help but found nothing.

    You didn't even try.... that hard.

    Help file,

    First , search for password you get

    Encryption

    Both RAR and ZIP formats support encryption. To encrypt files you need
    to specify a password before archiving or directly in the Archive name
    and parameters dialog. In the command line this is done by using switch
    -p[pwd].

    Clicking on the highlighted -p[pwd]

    you then get

    Switch -P[pwd] - set password
    Set a password <pwd> to encrypt files during archiving or to decrypt
    during extracting. The password is case-sensitive. If you omit the
    password in the command line, you will be prompted to enter it.

    That's about 4 seconds work search for 'password' read and click a link.

    Running unrar with no options tells you as well

    p[password] Set password

    Since you are unpacking a rar and not creating it, then settin gthe pw
    is to extract.

    >> unrar x -p password filename.rar
    >>
    >> --
    >> Mike Easter

    >Mike,
    >
    >This does not work. I think -p means setting the password instead.

    unrar x iperf.rar -ppassword

    UNRAR 3.62 freeware Copyright (c) 1993-2006 Alexander Roshal
    Extracting from iperf.rar

    iperf\doc\dast.gif already exists. Overwrite it ?
    [Y]es, [N]o, [A]ll, n[E]ver, [R]ename, [Q]uit a
    Extracting iperf\doc\dast.gif OK
    Extracting iperf\doc\index.html OK

    Me
    why?, Mar 19, 2007