Supplementing UV lights in night vision on F707?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Darren Garrison, Jan 18, 2004.

  1. Darren Garrison, Jan 18, 2004

  2. Darren Garrison

    DHB Guest

    Darren Garrison,
    nice idea but your looking at the wrong end of
    the visible light spectrum. Sony's "NihgtShot" uses near infrared (NIR) LED
    illuminator in conjunction with moving the infrared cut (IRC) filter out of
    the optical path of the CCD.

    So if you want additional invisible light to boost performance you will
    need a NIR LED or LED cluster to better illuminated the object you wish to
    photograph. IF visible light is OK, than almost any light source will work
    well. An ultra bright red LED light cluster should work quite well & not
    disrupt "your" night vision much.

    Hope this helps.

    Respectfully, DHB

    "Darren Garrison" <> wrote in message
    > I'd like to have a sort of UV spotlight to extend the range of the night

    vision mode on my Sony

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43989&item=2453919896 would be in

    DHB, Jan 18, 2004

  3. Darren Garrison

    -Gene- Guest

    -Gene-, Jan 18, 2004
  4. Darren Garrison

    Pard Guest

    On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 23:44:38 -0500, Darren Garrison
    <> wrote:

    >I'd like to have a sort of UV spotlight to extend the range of the night vision mode on my Sony
    >F707. Does anyone know if a light something like this
    >http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43989&item=2453919896 would be in
    >the correct wavelenght range?

    Of course you're referring to IR, not UV. Check on eBay by searching
    for "infrared filter," and you will find several large-sized ones that
    could be adapted to your needs.

    Pard, Jan 18, 2004