  1. Must be able to fit in a home audio rack... (430cm or thereabouts)

    Thanks
    Graeme
    Graeme Woollett, Jul 17, 2003

  2. Re: Suppier for black microATX desktop cases that will take a full height cards?

    "Graeme Woollett" <> wrote in a message...
    > Must be able to fit in a home audio rack... (430cm or thereabouts)

    If you find one - let me know too!
    I'm want to build a PVR that sits in the rack under an NAD amp & dvd player

    David
    David Hallett, Jul 17, 2003

  3. Graeme Woollett

    Taika Guest

    Re: Suppier for black microATX desktop cases that will take a full height cards?

    How about this one

    Taika, Jul 18, 2003
  4. Graeme Woollett

    Murray Symon Guest

    On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 13:23:24 +1200, Graeme Woollett wrote:

    > Must be able to fit in a home audio rack... (430cm or thereabouts)
    >
    > Thanks
    > Graeme

    I really don't know if you can get these in NZ, but check out the
    "Hush" mini-ITX PCs on these links.
    They really set a high standard for living-room PC aesthetics ...

    http://www.mini-itx.com/store/hush.asp
    http://www.hexus.net/review.php?review=540&page=9

    Murray.
    Murray Symon, Jul 18, 2003
  5. Graeme Woollett

    Murray Symon Guest

    On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 21:51:26 +1200, Murray Symon wrote:

    > On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 13:23:24 +1200, Graeme Woollett wrote:
    >
    >> Must be able to fit in a home audio rack... (430cm or thereabouts)
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Graeme

    > I really don't know if you can get these in NZ, but check out the "Hush"
    > mini-ITX PCs on these links.
    > They really set a high standard for living-room PC aesthetics ...
    >
    > http://www.mini-itx.com/store/hush.asp
    > http://www.hexus.net/review.php?review=540&page=9
    >
    > Murray.

    I have just noticed the "DIGN" cases at Ascent ( www.ascent.co.nz ) ,
    They are built to look just like high-end Hi-Fi components and take
    standard ATX motherboards. They are standard 430mm wide. Very nice
    looking, indeed. But they are pricey - all over $600.

    http://www.iuneed.com/4E.htm

    Murray.
    Murray Symon, Jul 19, 2003
  6. Graeme Woollett

    lily Guest

    > lily wrote:
    >

    > > "David Hallett" <> wrote in message
    > >> "Graeme Woollett" <> wrote in a message...
    > >>
    > >> If you find one - let me know too!
    > >> I'm want to build a PVR that sits in the rack under an NAD amp & dvd

    > > player
    > >>
    > >> David
    > >>

    > > One way to go with the PVR is a mini itx via C3 Nehemiah motherboard in

    > > Procase Cubid case or a Sereniti case.
    > > There is room for a Tuner card on a PCI riser. All the bits are

    available
    > > from Ascent or Paradigm and others.
    > > There are other small desktop cases for micro ATX with PCI risers
    > > http://procase.co.nz/sub pccases.htm#cs-2005
    > > http://procase.co.nz/sub pccases.htm#2215

    > Thanks for those suggestions, however I already have a duron/microATX m/b
    > etc that I need a case for. The C3/N 1000 is OK for DVD and divx playback
    > (just), its driver support for linux currently isn't great. It simply
    > doesn't have the grunt that I need for mpeg4 realtime encoding/viewing.
    >
    > Graeme

    The links at the bottom are to black cases that will take your
    duron/microATX mb
    lily, Jul 21, 2003
  7. Re: Suppier for black microATX desktop cases that will take a fullheight cards?

    Found a free source of old HP ATX desktop cases, bought black spraybomb.
    Will look OK through the tinted black glass of my audio rack. Spraybomb
    cost $11.95

    Thanks for all the suggestions
    Graeme
    Graeme Woollett, Jul 22, 2003
  8. Graeme Woollett

    Mainlander Guest

    Re: Suppier for black microATX desktop cases that will take a full height cards?

    In article <bf4tjg$2363$>,
    says...
    > Must be able to fit in a home audio rack... (430cm or thereabouts)

    really, 4.3 metres?

    I'd personally go for the standard 19" rack case and build your home
    audio system in one.
    Mainlander, Jul 22, 2003
  9. Re: Suppier for black microATX desktop cases that will take a full height cards?

    Graeme Woollett, Aug 17, 2003