SuperSpeed Software ,to speed up machines,Scam or legit?

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Joe, Nov 16, 2003.

  1. Joe

    Joe Guest

    This site is making a lot of money selling software to speed up
    machines

    http://store.yahoo.com/superspeed/info.html

    SuperSpeed Software ,to speed up machines,Scam or legit?

    >>>SuperSpeed's Ramdisk software offers the fastest virtual disk

    solution for reads and writes in the World for the Windows family of
    Operating Systems. The software creates a virtual disk drive to store
    files in non-swapable RAM memory.

    RamDisk can improve performance by up to 50 times!
    Joe, Nov 16, 2003

  2. Joe

    RussS Guest

    heh heh heh

    If you belive that, I have this really neat bridge for sale .... lol
    RussS, Nov 16, 2003

  3. Joe

    efishta Guest

    "Joe" <> wrote in message
    > This site is making a lot of money selling software to speed up
    > machines
    >
    > http://store.yahoo.com/superspeed/info.html
    >
    > SuperSpeed Software ,to speed up machines,Scam or legit?

    > solution for reads and writes in the World for the Windows family of
    > Operating Systems. The software creates a virtual disk drive to store
    > files in non-swapable RAM memory.
    >

    > RamDisk can improve performance by up to 50 times!

    That's just a RamDick utility which allows you to create a virtual disk in
    RAM. I'm pretty sure you can find free alternatives, and one thing they
    dont' mention in the advertisement is that once the computer turns off, all
    the data is gone as it was staying in volatile memory (RAM). A hard disk
    doesn't behave that way.
    efishta, Nov 16, 2003
  4. Joe

    efishta Guest

    "efishta" <> wrote in message
    > "Joe" <> wrote in message
    > > This site is making a lot of money selling software to speed up
    > > machines
    > >
    > > http://store.yahoo.com/superspeed/info.html
    > >
    > > SuperSpeed Software ,to speed up machines,Scam or legit?

    > > solution for reads and writes in the World for the Windows family of
    > > Operating Systems. The software creates a virtual disk drive to store
    > > files in non-swapable RAM memory.
    > >

    > > RamDisk can improve performance by up to 50 times!

    > That's just a RamDick utility which allows you to create a virtual disk in
    > RAM. I'm pretty sure you can find free alternatives, and one thing they
    > dont' mention in the advertisement is that once the computer turns off,

    all
    > the data is gone as it was staying in volatile memory (RAM). A hard disk
    > doesn't behave that way.

    Oops, I meant "RamDisk", not RamDick... hahaha
    efishta, Nov 17, 2003