    Associate Librarian
    Thelen Reid & Priest LLP
    415-369-7093

    Borkin, Feb 24, 2006

  2. Borkin

    Trax Guest

    "Borkin" <> wrote:

    |>Question No. 1 - do you have suggestions for other groups more
    |>appropriate for this query?
    |>
    |>Big Question: I've been asked to find ** PRE 1998 ** versions of the
    |>IEEE Standards for Local and Metropolitan Area Networks: Port-Based
    |>Network Access Control [IEEE 802.1x]. IEEE won't furnish these
    |>superseded drafts except via a hugely expensive LAN/MAN Plus Drfts
    |>Standards Subscription. IEEE referred me to Global Engineering
    |>Documents, but they don't have these standards.
    |>
    |>Can anybody out there help me find these?

    Check out your local library - reference section; (for a PRE 1998 IEEE
    standards)

    --
    Chemistry Experiment Videos
    http://jchemed.chem.wisc.edu/jcesoft/cca/cca0/sampmovs.htm

    Trax, Feb 24, 2006

  3. Borkin

    why? Guest

    On 24 Feb 2006 09:19:40 -0800, Borkin wrote:

    >Question No. 1 - do you have suggestions for other groups more
    >appropriate for this query?
    >
    >Big Question: I've been asked to find ** PRE 1998 ** versions of the
    >IEEE Standards for Local and Metropolitan Area Networks: Port-Based
    >Network Access Control [IEEE 802.1x]. IEEE won't furnish these
    >superseded drafts except via a hugely expensive LAN/MAN Plus Drfts
    >Standards Subscription. IEEE referred me to Global Engineering

    A big firm like that can't afford it? Add the cost to some clients bill.

    Try
    comp.dcom.wan
    comp.dcom.lan
    although they are low use groups and may be a lot of spam/junk.

    A much busier group is,
    comp.dcom.lan.ethernet
    (although it a bit off topic)

    >Documents, but they don't have these standards.
    >
    >Can anybody out there help me find these?

    You seem to have lots of issue getting technolology standards docs.

    BTW my fee for this assistance is USD $ 50,000.

    Precursors to DVD
    .... I'll be grateful for any leads. Ann Borkin Associate Librarian
    Thelen Reid & Priest
    LLP 415-369-7093 Have you tried eBay? ...
    Feb 22 2005, 11:10 pm by SgtMinor - 3 messages - 2 authors

    Superseded LAN/MAN standards
    .... Can anybody out there help me find these? Thanks for reading Ann
    Borkin Associate
    Librarian Thelen Reid & Priest LLP 415-369-7093
    Feb 24, 5:19 pm by Borkin - 2 messages - 2 authors

    ?? White Book v. 1.1 ??
    .... people to contact, sources to try . . . Thanks for reading Ann
    Borkin
    Associate Librarian Thelen Reid & Priest LLP 415-369-7093
    Dec 29 2004, 8:08 pm by Noel Paton - 6 messages - 3 authors

    MMCD and SD
    .... been able to get these specs. I'll be grateful for any leads. Ann
    Borkin
    Associate Librarian Thelen Reid & Priest LLP 415-369-7093
    Feb 18 2005, 10:50 pm by Borkin - 1 message - 1 author

    >Thanks for reading
    >
    >Ann Borkin
    >Associate Librarian
    >Thelen Reid & Priest LLP
    >415-369-7093

    Me

    why?, Feb 24, 2006
  4. Borkin

    old jon Guest

    "Borkin" <> wrote in message
    > Question No. 1 - do you have suggestions for other groups more
    > appropriate for this query?
    >
    > Big Question: I've been asked to find ** PRE 1998 ** versions of the
    > IEEE Standards for Local and Metropolitan Area Networks: Port-Based
    > Network Access Control [IEEE 802.1x]. IEEE won't furnish these
    > superseded drafts except via a hugely expensive LAN/MAN Plus Drfts
    > Standards Subscription. IEEE referred me to Global Engineering
    > Documents, but they don't have these standards.
    >
    > Can anybody out there help me find these?
    >
    > Thanks for reading

    I did a Google for `Pre 1998 IEEE Standards for Local and Metropolitan Area
    Networks`
    There`s lots to go at Anne.

    --
    bw..OJ

    old jon, Feb 24, 2006
  5. Borkin

    Borkin Guest

    Thanks, Why/Me . I'll post to the groups you suggest.

    Ann

    Borkin, Feb 24, 2006