  1. Jordan

    Jordan Guest

    FYI:

    Statement from Warner Home Video, November 27, 2006

    Bonus content was omitted from the "Superman III Deluxe Edition" in the

    14-disc "Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition." Furthermore, disc one
    of "Superman: The Movie Four Disc Special Edition" did not include the
    Dolby Digital 2.0 mix. Neither disc is known to be physically defective

    in any way.

    Warner Home Video wants to extend apologies to all of our loyal
    Superman fans who've waited so patiently for these great collections
    and has taken immediate steps to correct these errors with the
    intention
    of standing behind our product 100%.

    Replacement discs can be obtained by calling: 800-553-6937. The
    exchange program applies only to purchases of the "Superman III
    Deluxe
    Edition" in the "Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition" and to
    disc one of
    "Superman: The Movie Four Disc Special Edition," available as a
    single title, as well as in "The Christopher Reeve Superman
    Collection"
    and in the "Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition."
    Jordan, Nov 29, 2006

  2. "Jordan" <> wrote in message
    > FYI:
    >
    > Statement from Warner Home Video, November 27, 2006
    >
    > Bonus content was omitted from the "Superman III Deluxe Edition" in the
    >
    > 14-disc "Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition." Furthermore, disc one
    > of "Superman: The Movie Four Disc Special Edition" did not include the
    > Dolby Digital 2.0 mix. Neither disc is known to be physically defective
    >
    > in any way.
    >
    > Warner Home Video wants to extend apologies to all of our loyal
    > Superman fans who've waited so patiently for these great collections
    > and has taken immediate steps to correct these errors with the
    > intention
    > of standing behind our product 100%.
    >
    > Replacement discs can be obtained by calling: 800-553-6937. The
    > exchange program applies only to purchases of the "Superman III
    > Deluxe
    > Edition" in the "Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition" and to
    > disc one of
    > "Superman: The Movie Four Disc Special Edition," available as a
    > single title, as well as in "The Christopher Reeve Superman
    > Collection"
    > and in the "Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition."

    Does this announcement apply to Region 1 only or are Region 2 discs also
    affected?
    Jack Torrence, Nov 29, 2006

  3. Jordan

    Jordan Guest

    Jack Torrence wrote:

    > Does this announcement apply to Region 1 only or are Region 2 discs also
    > affected?

    So far as I'm aware, just region 1. If you have the Ultimate boxed set
    and you pop in Superman III you should see that it has a commentary
    track. If it doesn't then your disc will need to be replaced as well.

    - Jordan
    Jordan, Nov 30, 2006
  4. Jordan

    Ken Cobb Guest

    On 28 Nov 2006 17:19:59 -0800, "Jordan" <> wrote:

    >FYI:
    >
    >Statement from Warner Home Video, November 27, 2006
    >
    >Bonus content was omitted from the "Superman III Deluxe Edition" in the
    >
    >14-disc "Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition." Furthermore, disc one
    >of "Superman: The Movie Four Disc Special Edition" did not include the
    >Dolby Digital 2.0 mix. Neither disc is known to be physically defective
    >
    >in any way.
    >
    >Warner Home Video wants to extend apologies to all of our loyal
    >Superman fans who've waited so patiently for these great collections
    >and has taken immediate steps to correct these errors with the
    >intention
    >of standing behind our product 100%.
    >
    >Replacement discs can be obtained by calling: 800-553-6937. The
    >exchange program applies only to purchases of the "Superman III
    >Deluxe
    >Edition" in the "Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition" and to
    >disc one of
    >"Superman: The Movie Four Disc Special Edition," available as a
    >single title, as well as in "The Christopher Reeve Superman
    >Collection"
    >and in the "Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition."

    Has anyone actually gotten the discs back yet. I got envelope and
    mailed off old ones, it seems like before Christmas. Just wondering if
    I need to start panic?

    Ken
    Ken Cobb, Feb 5, 2007
  5. Jordan

    Herbal Enema Guest

    >>Statement from Warner Home Video, November 27, 2006
    >>
    >>Bonus content was omitted from the "Superman III Deluxe Edition" in the
    >>
    >>14-disc "Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition." Furthermore, disc one
    >>of "Superman: The Movie Four Disc Special Edition" did not include the
    >>Dolby Digital 2.0 mix. Neither disc is known to be physically defective
    >>
    >>in any way.
    >>
    >>Warner Home Video wants to extend apologies to all of our loyal
    >>Superman fans who've waited so patiently for these great collections
    >>and has taken immediate steps to correct these errors with the
    >>intention
    >>of standing behind our product 100%.
    >>
    >>Replacement discs can be obtained by calling: 800-553-6937. The
    >>exchange program applies only to purchases of the "Superman III
    >>Deluxe
    >>Edition" in the "Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition" and to
    >>disc one of
    >>"Superman: The Movie Four Disc Special Edition," available as a
    >>single title, as well as in "The Christopher Reeve Superman
    >>Collection"
    >>and in the "Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition."

    However, if you are a loyal Superman fan residing in Australia, who
    incidentally have also waited patiently for these great collections, Warner
    Home Video Australia do NOT stand behind their product and will show their
    contempt for you by doing sweet f.a. to correct the disc errors. Tough
    titties, Aussie Superman fans, we hope to be taking more of your money in
    2008 when we release a Superduper HD version of this set with a new range of
    errors that we'll have no intention of remedying either.
    Herbal Enema, Feb 5, 2007
  6. Jordan

    TSKO Guest

    "Ken Cobb" <> wrote in message
    > On 28 Nov 2006 17:19:59 -0800, "Jordan" <> wrote:
    >
    >>FYI:
    >>
    >>Statement from Warner Home Video, November 27, 2006
    >>
    >>Bonus content was omitted from the "Superman III Deluxe Edition" in the
    >>
    >>14-disc "Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition." Furthermore, disc one
    >>of "Superman: The Movie Four Disc Special Edition" did not include the
    >>Dolby Digital 2.0 mix. Neither disc is known to be physically defective
    >>
    >>in any way.
    >>
    >>Warner Home Video wants to extend apologies to all of our loyal
    >>Superman fans who've waited so patiently for these great collections
    >>and has taken immediate steps to correct these errors with the
    >>intention
    >>of standing behind our product 100%.
    >>
    >>Replacement discs can be obtained by calling: 800-553-6937. The
    >>exchange program applies only to purchases of the "Superman III
    >>Deluxe
    >>Edition" in the "Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition" and to
    >>disc one of
    >>"Superman: The Movie Four Disc Special Edition," available as a
    >>single title, as well as in "The Christopher Reeve Superman
    >>Collection"
    >>and in the "Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition."

    > Has anyone actually gotten the discs back yet. I got envelope and
    > mailed off old ones, it seems like before Christmas. Just wondering if
    > I need to start panic?
    >
    > Ken

    I made the call to get the envelope the day the set came out and it came
    around 2 weeks later. I sent the disc back a few days after getting the
    envelopes and it probably took around 2 to 2.5 weeks to get it back. I did
    call them at one point to make sure they received my disc and they had
    confirmed at that point that they had been sent back to me.

    Anyways...bottom line...it took around 2 to 3 weeks tops to get them back.
    If you dont have them...call them for you are on record if they got your
    disc.
    TSKO, Feb 5, 2007
  7. Jordan

    Jordan Guest

    On Feb 4, 8:15 pm, Ken Cobb <> wrote:

    > Has anyone actually gotten the discs back yet. I got envelope and
    > mailed off old ones, it seems like before Christmas. Just wondering if
    > I need to start panic?

    I called them the day after the set came out and got the replacements
    just before Christmas.

    - Jordan
    Jordan, Feb 6, 2007
  8. Jordan

    Rich Clark Guest

    "Jordan" <> wrote in message
    > On Feb 4, 8:15 pm, Ken Cobb <> wrote:
    >
    >> Has anyone actually gotten the discs back yet. I got envelope and
    >> mailed off old ones, it seems like before Christmas. Just wondering if
    >> I need to start panic?

    > I called them the day after the set came out and got the replacements
    > just before Christmas.

    Yeah, I mailed mine right after xmas and got the replacements a couple of
    weeks later.

    Rich Clark, Feb 6, 2007