"Superman I-IV" Dvds. :-DVD

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by James Cortez Jr., Sep 1, 2005.

  1. Hi Dvders.,

    I know I'm asking way to early and I hope
    Warner's is doing something with next
    years "Superman Returns" opens ("You will believe a franchise can
    return!"). I hope they do this:

    Superman: Can we please have the
    original 1978 theatrical cut with it origianl 2.0 soundtrack or remixed
    5.1 soundtrack and the extended edition on one disc.

    Superman II: Read about a fan who after
    5 years has assembled director's Richard
    Donner in the UK. Wouldn't mind hear a
    dual or duel commentaries from Richard
    Donner and Richard Lester and remixed
    5.1 sound too. Come on Warners. With all that mooloh (money) Richard
    Donner made for you with the "Lethal Weapon" movies how about it!

    Superman III:I would love to hear a Richard Lester commentary,remixed
    5.1
    sound and any commentary like the ones did on "The Matrix Reloaded " why
    this
    film sucked big time. Deleted and extended scences would be nice. Here
    this current dvd makes a good coaster!

    Superman IV: I've read there a legendary
    2 1/2 hour cut of this movie! Anybody who owns the novelization there
    was a
    scence where Superman goes up against
    some Bizarro Superman before he fights Nuclear Man. Remixed 5.1 sound
    and wouldn't mind hearing from director Sidney J. Furie and the cast on
    the making of this film. As for the deleted scenes there a lot them
    of them if happen to catch this film on
    cable.

    Bonus Feature: A tribute to actor Christopher Reeve and making any
    purchase of the Superman movies
    proceeds goto victims of spinal cord injury.

    Come On Warners. Be Generous!
    James Cortez,Jr.

    Because your lovingkindness is better than life,
    my lips shall praise you. Psalm 63:3

    :-KaLunaKimo (TheBossJames) 2005.

    James Cortez Jr., Sep 1, 2005

  2. James Cortez Jr.

    Howard Guest

    (James Cortez Jr.) wrote in news:7535-4316DC55-156
    @storefull-3233.bay.webtv.net:

    > Superman III:I would love to hear a Richard Lester commentary,remixed
    > 5.1
    > sound and any commentary like the ones did on "The Matrix Reloaded " why
    > this
    > film sucked big time. Deleted and extended scences would be nice. Here
    > this current dvd makes a good coaster!

    Oh come on, be fair. This movie was great...the radar system that tracked
    Superman? Obviously a video game, complete with score! Richard Pryor,
    replacing the "unknown" ingredient in Kyptonite with tar, inspired by a
    package of cigarettes (why not nicotine)? Superman unable to breathe when
    the computer attacks him by surrounding him with a bubble...but he can fly
    in space no problem?

    > Superman IV: I've read there a legendary
    > 2 1/2 hour cut of this movie! Anybody who owns the novelization there
    > was a
    > scence where Superman goes up against
    > some Bizarro Superman before he fights Nuclear Man. Remixed 5.1 sound

    "Bizarro Superman" was Nuclear Man. "Nuclear Man" was Nuclear Man 2.0.

    A huge portion was cut out of the movie, including the first battle, in
    which Superman destroyed Nuclear Man. The blob of genetic material Lex
    launches to the sun is the remains of the original.

    Why does the movie look so...'unfinished' overall? The budget was slashed
    in half, and the time was reduced by a good (bad?) 45 minutes.

    . Cabal# 24601-fnord | Sleep is irrelevant.

    Howard, Sep 1, 2005