Superior Software

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Nov 21, 2006.

  1. I have the best software on my computer. Better than possibly any
    other computer user has ever assembled. I know, you may say that this
    can't be possible, but just look below.

    7-Zip 4.42 Adobe Reader 7.0 AtomTime Pro 3.1d Audacity
    1.2.4
    AutoCAD 2007 avast! Antivirus AxCrypt BookmarkBridge
    0.76 CCleaner CDex extraction audio DeepBurner v1.8.0.224
    DeepRipper v 1.1 EVEREST Ultimate Edition v3.00 FastStone
    Image Viewer 2.5 Forté Agent 4.0 Free Download Manager 2.0
    IrfanView (remove only) JGsoft EditPad Lite 6.1.1 Mozilla
    Firefox (2.0) Mozilla Thunderbird (1.5.0.2) NTREGOPT 1.1j
    OpenOffice.org 2.0 Opera 9.02 Peter's Ultimate Alarm Clock
    version 2.0.8 PhotoFiltre PowerShell-XP3 QuickTime
    Alternative 1.69 Real Alternative 1.48 Robust Internet Speed
    Booster 4.2.0.0 Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.4 The GIMP 2.2.12
    Tweak UI VCW VicMan's Photo Editor 7.99 Wallpaper Master v2.14
    Winamp 5.3 Windows Media Player 10 XQDC X-Setup Pro 8.1.110
    XYplorer 5.40 Zero Assumption Recovery Version 7.9

    There is no denying that this particular setup simply can't get much
    better.

    Altie

    --
    All of Usenet is in a psychological, emotional, and antisocial free fall
    into an abyss and fully immersed in a drowning pool of mental illness.

    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Nov 21, 2006

  2. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤

    Mr. Arnold4 Guest

    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤ wrote:
    > I have the best software on my computer. Better than possibly any
    > other computer user has ever assembled. I know, you may say that this
    > can't be possible, but just look below.

    Man or man, what's wrong with you?

    Mr. Arnold4, Nov 21, 2006

  3. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤

    Vanguard Guest

    "Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤" <Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤@dac..com> wrote in message
    >I have the best software on my computer. Better than possibly any
    > other computer user has ever assembled. I know, you may say that
    > this
    > can't be possible, but just look below.

    <snip - don't bother - another user stroking himself>

    When masturbating, do it in private.

    Vanguard, Nov 21, 2006
  4. "Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤" <Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤@dac..com> wrote in message
    >I have the best software on my computer. Better than possibly any
    > other computer user has ever assembled. I know, you may say that this
    > can't be possible, but just look below.
    >
    > 7-Zip 4.42 Adobe Reader 7.0 AtomTime Pro 3.1d Audacity
    > 1.2.4
    > AutoCAD 2007 avast! Antivirus AxCrypt BookmarkBridge
    > 0.76 CCleaner CDex extraction audio DeepBurner v1.8.0.224
    > DeepRipper v 1.1 EVEREST Ultimate Edition v3.00 FastStone
    > Image Viewer 2.5 Forté Agent 4.0 Free Download Manager 2.0
    > IrfanView (remove only) JGsoft EditPad Lite 6.1.1 Mozilla
    > Firefox (2.0) Mozilla Thunderbird (1.5.0.2) NTREGOPT 1.1j
    > OpenOffice.org 2.0 Opera 9.02 Peter's Ultimate Alarm Clock
    > version 2.0.8 PhotoFiltre PowerShell-XP3 QuickTime
    > Alternative 1.69 Real Alternative 1.48 Robust Internet Speed
    > Booster 4.2.0.0 Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.4 The GIMP 2.2.12
    > Tweak UI VCW VicMan's Photo Editor 7.99 Wallpaper Master v2.14
    > Winamp 5.3 Windows Media Player 10 XQDC X-Setup Pro 8.1.110
    > XYplorer 5.40 Zero Assumption Recovery Version 7.9
    >
    > There is no denying that this particular setup simply can't get much
    > better.

    You have hardly any productivity apps and some of your software is crap.

    You are not a power user. I know we were all n00bs at some stage, but we
    didn't all shout out about it from the rooftops.

    ss.

    Synapse Syndrome, Nov 21, 2006
  5. On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 02:53:44 -0000, "Synapse Syndrome"
    <> wrote:

    >"Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤" <Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤@dac..com> wrote in message
    >>I have the best software on my computer. Better than possibly any
    >> other computer user has ever assembled. I know, you may say that this
    >> can't be possible, but just look below.
    >>
    >> 7-Zip 4.42 Adobe Reader 7.0 AtomTime Pro 3.1d Audacity
    >> 1.2.4
    >> AutoCAD 2007 avast! Antivirus AxCrypt BookmarkBridge
    >> 0.76 CCleaner CDex extraction audio DeepBurner v1.8.0.224
    >> DeepRipper v 1.1 EVEREST Ultimate Edition v3.00 FastStone
    >> Image Viewer 2.5 Forté Agent 4.0 Free Download Manager 2.0
    >> IrfanView (remove only) JGsoft EditPad Lite 6.1.1 Mozilla
    >> Firefox (2.0) Mozilla Thunderbird (1.5.0.2) NTREGOPT 1.1j
    >> OpenOffice.org 2.0 Opera 9.02 Peter's Ultimate Alarm Clock
    >> version 2.0.8 PhotoFiltre PowerShell-XP3 QuickTime
    >> Alternative 1.69 Real Alternative 1.48 Robust Internet Speed
    >> Booster 4.2.0.0 Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.4 The GIMP 2.2.12
    >> Tweak UI VCW VicMan's Photo Editor 7.99 Wallpaper Master v2.14
    >> Winamp 5.3 Windows Media Player 10 XQDC X-Setup Pro 8.1.110
    >> XYplorer 5.40 Zero Assumption Recovery Version 7.9
    >>
    >> There is no denying that this particular setup simply can't get much
    >> better.

    >You have hardly any productivity apps and some of your software is crap.
    >
    >You are not a power user. I know we were all n00bs at some stage, but we
    >didn't all shout out about it from the rooftops.

    I have the one productivity app I need for work and the rest is just
    stuff to kill time, yet, it is still an awesome and rarely seen
    collection of superior app's.

    Altie

    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Nov 21, 2006
  6. On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 02:22:24 GMT, "Mr. Arnold4"
    <TheDog@It's-A-Dog'sWorld44.COM> wrote:

    >Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤ wrote:
    >> I have the best software on my computer. Better than possibly any
    >> other computer user has ever assembled. I know, you may say that this
    >> can't be possible, but just look below.
    >>

    >Man or man, what's wrong with you?

    Man or man? What is wrong with you? What the hell does man or man
    mean?

    Altie

    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Nov 21, 2006
  7. "Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤" <Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤@dac..com> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 02:53:44 -0000, "Synapse Syndrome"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>"Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤" <Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤@dac..com> wrote in message
    >>>I have the best software on my computer. Better than possibly any
    >>> other computer user has ever assembled. I know, you may say that this
    >>> can't be possible, but just look below.
    >>>
    >>> 7-Zip 4.42 Adobe Reader 7.0 AtomTime Pro 3.1d Audacity
    >>> 1.2.4
    >>> AutoCAD 2007 avast! Antivirus AxCrypt BookmarkBridge
    >>> 0.76 CCleaner CDex extraction audio DeepBurner v1.8.0.224
    >>> DeepRipper v 1.1 EVEREST Ultimate Edition v3.00 FastStone
    >>> Image Viewer 2.5 Forté Agent 4.0 Free Download Manager 2.0
    >>> IrfanView (remove only) JGsoft EditPad Lite 6.1.1 Mozilla
    >>> Firefox (2.0) Mozilla Thunderbird (1.5.0.2) NTREGOPT 1.1j
    >>> OpenOffice.org 2.0 Opera 9.02 Peter's Ultimate Alarm Clock
    >>> version 2.0.8 PhotoFiltre PowerShell-XP3 QuickTime
    >>> Alternative 1.69 Real Alternative 1.48 Robust Internet Speed
    >>> Booster 4.2.0.0 Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.4 The GIMP 2.2.12
    >>> Tweak UI VCW VicMan's Photo Editor 7.99 Wallpaper Master v2.14
    >>> Winamp 5.3 Windows Media Player 10 XQDC X-Setup Pro 8.1.110
    >>> XYplorer 5.40 Zero Assumption Recovery Version 7.9
    >>>
    >>> There is no denying that this particular setup simply can't get much
    >>> better.

    >>You have hardly any productivity apps and some of your software is crap.
    >>
    >>You are not a power user. I know we were all n00bs at some stage, but we
    >>didn't all shout out about it from the rooftops.

    > I have the one productivity app I need for work and the rest is just
    > stuff to kill time, yet, it is still an awesome and rarely seen
    > collection of superior app's.

    Let me guess... AutoCAD. That was the app of yours that I singled out as
    the most shit.

    Do you realise how much of a piece fo shit that program is? It's a crappy
    drafting program. Anyone with a brain has moved to much better 3D apps.
    What field are you working in? Mechanical or Contruction, there are much
    better apps.

    ss.

    Synapse Syndrome, Nov 21, 2006
  8. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤

    Mr. Arnold4 Guest

    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤ wrote:
    > On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 02:22:24 GMT, "Mr. Arnold4"
    > <TheDog@It's-A-Dog'sWorld44.COM> wrote:
    >

    >>Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤ wrote:
    >>
    >>>I have the best software on my computer. Better than possibly any
    >>>other computer user has ever assembled. I know, you may say that this
    >>>can't be possible, but just look below.
    >>>

    >>Man or man, what's wrong with you?

    > Man or man? What is wrong with you? What the hell does man or man
    > mean?
    >
    > Altie

    That should have been man oh man. But I was laughing to hard to get it
    right.

    Really, man why would even post something like that?

    This puts you on par with 7 and Au69 and their God Damn Linux lip
    dribble. :)

    Surely, you're better than that.

    Mr. Arnold4, Nov 21, 2006
  9. On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 04:56:01 GMT, "Mr. Arnold4"
    <TheDog@It's-A-Dog'sWorld44.COM> wrote:

    >Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤ wrote:
    >> On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 02:22:24 GMT, "Mr. Arnold4"
    >> <TheDog@It's-A-Dog'sWorld44.COM> wrote:

    >>>Man or man, what's wrong with you?

    >> Man or man? What is wrong with you? What the hell does man or man
    >> mean?
    >>
    >> Altie

    >That should have been man oh man. But I was laughing to hard to get it
    >right.
    >
    >Really, man why would even post something like that?

    Why would even post? What in the hell are you trying to let flow out
    of those fingertips?

    >This puts you on par with 7 and Au69 and their God Damn Linux lip
    >dribble. :)
    >
    >Surely, you're better than that.

    Lighten up, big Arnold4, whoever the **** you may be. A simple little
    meaningless post like this shouldn't make anyone launch into personal
    insults. That is, unless you are crazy, bat ass, buzzard.

    I wasn't trying to make you buy anything or really even promoting one
    particular product over any other one, I could give a jackhole if
    anyone uses any of them or not.

    Altie

    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Nov 21, 2006
  10. On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 04:39:31 -0000, "Synapse Syndrome"
    <> wrote:

    >"Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤" <Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤@dac..com> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 02:53:44 -0000, "Synapse Syndrome"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤" <Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤@dac..com> wrote in message

    >>>You have hardly any productivity apps and some of your software is crap.
    >>>
    >>>You are not a power user. I know we were all n00bs at some stage, but we
    >>>didn't all shout out about it from the rooftops.

    >> I have the one productivity app I need for work and the rest is just
    >> stuff to kill time, yet, it is still an awesome and rarely seen
    >> collection of superior app's.

    >Let me guess... AutoCAD. That was the app of yours that I singled out as
    >the most shit.
    >
    >Do you realise how much of a piece fo shit that program is? It's a crappy
    >drafting program. Anyone with a brain has moved to much better 3D apps.
    >What field are you working in? Mechanical or Contruction, there are much
    >better apps.

    Synapse, I don't think the people who use AutoCAD would agree with
    you. It is especially adept at enabling and helping someone to create
    interface designs on different types of automated control systems.

    Altie

    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Nov 21, 2006
  11. "Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤" <Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤@dac..com> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 04:39:31 -0000, "Synapse Syndrome"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>"Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤" <Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤@dac..com> wrote in message

    >>> I have the one productivity app I need for work and the rest is just
    >>> stuff to kill time, yet, it is still an awesome and rarely seen
    >>> collection of superior app's.

    >>Let me guess... AutoCAD. That was the app of yours that I singled out as
    >>the most shit.
    >>
    >>Do you realise how much of a piece fo shit that program is? It's a crappy
    >>drafting program. Anyone with a brain has moved to much better 3D apps.
    >>What field are you working in? Mechanical or Contruction, there are much
    >>better apps.
    >>

    > Synapse, I don't think the people who use AutoCAD would agree with
    > you. It is especially adept at enabling and helping someone to create
    > interface designs on different types of automated control systems.

    I despise the widespread use of AutoCAD in architecture. It's just a 2D
    drafting program with an awful interface. It's old fashioned in the way it
    works, as you would expect from a barely evolved DOS program. I use
    ArchiCAD which is much better. When Autodesk realised that there 3D AutoCAD
    called Architectural desktop was crap, they bought Revit. Now with
    Autodesk's marketing muscle they will make Revit the market leader, and I
    hate that, as it is not as good as ArchiCAD.

    Maybe AutoCAD suits your field, but maybe something more advanced in 3D
    parametrics like Autodesk's own Inventor program would be better.

    ss.

    Synapse Syndrome, Nov 21, 2006
  12. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤

    thanatoid Guest

    > On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 02:53:44 -0000, "Synapse Syndrome"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>"Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤" <Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤@dac..com> wrote in
    >>message news:...
    >>>I have the best software on my computer. Better than
    >>>possibly any
    >>> other computer user has ever assembled. I know, you may
    >>> say that this can't be possible, but just look below.

    <SNIP, most listed below>

    >>> There is no denying that this particular setup simply
    >>> can't get much better.

    >>You have hardly any productivity apps and some of your
    >>software is crap.
    >>
    >>You are not a power user. I know we were all n00bs at some
    >>stage, but we didn't all shout out about it from the
    >>rooftops.

    > I have the one productivity app I need for work and the
    > rest is just stuff to kill time, yet, it is still an
    > awesome and rarely seen collection of superior app's.
    >
    > Altie

    You are truly a peculiar case. Since you seem to appreciate
    opinions (at least your own) let's see how you do with someone
    else's opinion of you collection.

    7-Zip 4.42
    Unnecessary, winRAR does it and all the other formats, better
    and faster.

    Adobe Reader 7.0
    Bloated useless piece of crap from one of the evil 3. Fox Reader
    beats it by miles.

    AtomTime Pro 3.1d
    Sounds OK, but I bet it's 2 or 3 MB's. I have used D4 for well
    over 10 years and it's 320 KB installed, and probably better.

    Audacity 1.2.4
    I've heard good things about it.

    AutoCAD 2007
    No problem here, but I believe by now there are others just as
    good.

    avast! Antivirus
    No idea. They can all do only as much as the user's intelligence
    or stupidity will let them.

    AxCrypt
    I haven't bothered with any encryption apps so I don't know.

    BookmarkBridge 0.76
    Probably useful, probably bloated.

    CCleaner
    NF. Some cleaners are good, some are not.

    CDex extraction audio
    Used to be the best. I think by now many others have matched its
    quality.

    DeepBurner v1.8.0.224
    Tried it, crap.

    DeepRipper v 1.1
    NF, but probably as above.

    EVEREST Ultimate Edition v3.00
    No idea what this is.

    FastStone Image Viewer 2.5
    Never heard of it. May be great. But I bet it's 5 megs.

    Forté Agent 4.0
    Well, at least you don't use IE/OE for the Usenet.

    Free Download Manager 2.0
    There are many, some great, some crap, most spy/adware. I use
    FileHound.

    IrfanView
    I don't like it, but millions do.

    JGsoft EditPad Lite 6.1.1
    I used EditPad 6 or 7 years ago. There are thousands of those,
    and I found three much better ones, all free and each with its
    own set of features not found anywhere else. (I did NOT try
    thousands, I did try over 50.)

    Mozilla Firefox (2.0)
    I use Opera and OffByOne, but at least you don't use IE.

    Mozilla Thunderbird (1.5.0.2)
    As above.

    NTREGOPT 1.1j
    NF, some are great, some are crap.

    OpenOffice.org 2.0
    Fine.

    Opera 9.02
    Fine.

    Peter's Ultimate Alarm Clock version 2.0.8
    Why would anyone need a fucking alarm clock on their computer?
    Let alone "ultimate"?

    PhotoFiltre
    No idea what this is. Not exactly a descriptive name.

    PowerShell-XP3
    Sounds like you are not happy with XP defaults. That's a good
    sign.

    QuickTime Alternative 1.69
    Fine.

    Real Alternative 1.48
    To real player? Fine.

    Robust Internet Speed Booster 4.2.0.0
    None of those do anything.

    Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.4
    Fine

    The GIMP 2.2.12
    Congratulations on not using PS.

    Tweak UI
    Anyone who doesn't have this is beyond help.

    VCW VicMan's Photo Editor 7.99
    You already have GIMP and Irfanview and Photofiltre (whatever
    that is...)

    Wallpaper Master v2.14
    I think I tried it once, I prefer Wallpaper Changer.

    Winamp 5.3
    Boo.

    Windows Media Player 10
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

    XQDC X-Setup Pro 8.1.110
    No idea what this is.

    XYplorer 5.40
    No idea what this is.

    Zero Assumption Recovery Version 7.9
    NF with this one. Probably fine.

    You are missing a real file manager. You obviously do not
    consider MS programs to be much good, and you are absolutely
    correct. Why you use Windows Explorer is beyond me. Maybe you
    just left a few programs out. Your list appears to be the
    contents of your add/remove window ("remove only" !) and not all
    programs show up there, especially many small utilities of which
    I have dozens and which are among the most valuable programs I
    use.

    You also do not appear to have registry/file change monitoring
    programs or a disk imaging program or a real undeleter.
    Essential.

    You also do not have a dictionary/thesaurus. OTOH, you did not
    misspell anything in your post.

    As you can see, I have WAY too much time on my hands.

    thanatoid, Nov 21, 2006
  13. On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 06:54:13 -0000, "Synapse Syndrome"
    <> wrote:

    >"Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤" <Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤@dac..com> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 04:39:31 -0000, "Synapse Syndrome"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤" <Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤@dac..com> wrote in message

    >>>Let me guess... AutoCAD. That was the app of yours that I singled out as
    >>>the most shit.
    >>>
    >>>Do you realise how much of a piece fo shit that program is? It's a crappy
    >>>drafting program. Anyone with a brain has moved to much better 3D apps.
    >>>What field are you working in? Mechanical or Contruction, there are much
    >>>better apps.
    >>>

    >> Synapse, I don't think the people who use AutoCAD would agree with
    >> you. It is especially adept at enabling and helping someone to create
    >> interface designs on different types of automated control systems.

    >I despise the widespread use of AutoCAD in architecture. It's just a 2D
    >drafting program with an awful interface. It's old fashioned in the way it
    >works, as you would expect from a barely evolved DOS program. I use
    >ArchiCAD which is much better. When Autodesk realised that there 3D AutoCAD
    >called Architectural desktop was crap, they bought Revit. Now with
    >Autodesk's marketing muscle they will make Revit the market leader, and I
    >hate that, as it is not as good as ArchiCAD.
    >
    >Maybe AutoCAD suits your field, but maybe something more advanced in 3D
    >parametrics like Autodesk's own Inventor program would be better.

    I doubt it, Synapse, there is nothing that I do that can't be done
    with the version of AutoCAD I have.

    But, I do understand what you are saying and am certain that you are
    probably correct. I may research ArchiCAD just to see what it is all
    about, but I will not need to have it.

    Thanks,

    Altie

    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Nov 21, 2006
  14. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤

    Guest

    , Nov 21, 2006
  15. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤

    ellis_jay Guest

    thanatoid wrote:
    > Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤ <Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤@dac..com> wrote in
    >
    >> On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 02:53:44 -0000, "Synapse Syndrome"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤" <Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤@dac..com> wrote in
    >>> message news:...

    > <SNIP, most listed below>

    > Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.4
    > Fine

    > You also do not appear to have registry/file change monitoring
    > programs

    Teatimer comes with Spybot S&Destroy and if enabled notifies user of any
    registry changes-or rather-attempts at changing the registry and asks if you
    allow or deny.

    ___Sador the carpenter to Turin
    Tolkien, The Unfinished Tales

    Ellis_Jay

    ellis_jay, Nov 21, 2006
  16. On 21 Nov 2006 06:56:52 GMT, thanatoid <>
    wrote:

    >Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤ <Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤@dac..com> wrote in
    >
    >> On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 02:53:44 -0000, "Synapse Syndrome"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤" <Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤@dac..com> wrote in
    >>>message news:...

    > <SNIP, most listed below>

    >>>You have hardly any productivity apps and some of your
    >>>software is crap.
    >>>
    >>>You are not a power user. I know we were all n00bs at some
    >>>stage, but we didn't all shout out about it from the
    >>>rooftops.

    >> I have the one productivity app I need for work and the
    >> rest is just stuff to kill time, yet, it is still an
    >> awesome and rarely seen collection of superior app's.
    >>
    >> Altie

    >You are truly a peculiar case. Since you seem to appreciate
    >opinions (at least your own) let's see how you do with someone
    >else's opinion of you collection.
    >
    >7-Zip 4.42
    >Unnecessary, winRAR does it and all the other formats, better
    >and faster.

    I will check this out.

    >Adobe Reader 7.0
    >Bloated useless piece of crap from one of the evil 3. Fox Reader
    >beats it by miles.

    LOL. You are right. I will check into Fox Reader.

    >AtomTime Pro 3.1d
    >Sounds OK, but I bet it's 2 or 3 MB's. I have used D4 for well
    >over 10 years and it's 320 KB installed, and probably better.

    624 KB. Anyway, how much better can one time setter really be than
    any other one.

    >Audacity 1.2.4
    >I've heard good things about it.

    It is spectacular. Try it out.

    >AutoCAD 2007
    >No problem here, but I believe by now there are others just as
    >good.

    Yeah, I guess so.

    >avast! Antivirus
    >No idea. They can all do only as much as the user's intelligence
    >or stupidity will let them.

    In that case, Avast is one of the best anti-virus solutions on the
    market.

    >AxCrypt
    >I haven't bothered with any encryption apps so I don't know.

    You should try one, just for the hell of it. It is fun just knowing
    that you can a file or folder up if you want to.

    >BookmarkBridge 0.76
    >Probably useful, probably bloated.

    8.40MB I guess some could consider that bloat, but by God, it comes
    in handy when transferring thousands of bookmarks between incompatible
    browsers such as Opera and Firefox.

    >CCleaner
    >NF. Some cleaners are good, some are not.

    CCleaner is good. It is safe, very safe. You don't read about that
    many people fucking things up with CCleaner unless they really go out
    of their way to find a way to **** something up.

    I also have Reg Cleaner and Reg Seeker, which were not listed. These
    two are easier to foul up your system with, but much more powerful.

    >CDex extraction audio
    >Used to be the best. I think by now many others have matched its
    >quality.

    >DeepBurner v1.8.0.224
    >Tried it, crap.

    Come on, it is free and it burns and burns deep. What else do you
    need? Reasonably fast.

    >DeepRipper v 1.1
    >NF, but probably as above.

    I have it just to have it, but I always use CDEX.

    >EVEREST Ultimate Edition v3.00
    >No idea what this is.

    Probably the very best system diagnostics and benchmarking program on
    the market.

    If you don't like testing versions of programs that you have to
    eventually pay for, here is a completely free version you can use to
    test with.

    Everest Home Edition v.1.51

    http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/2007/PL2007SYSTEMUTILITIES.php

    >FastStone Image Viewer 2.5
    >Never heard of it. May be great. But I bet it's 5 megs.

    3.30MB and it is fun to use, very intuitive and user friendly.

    >Forté Agent 4.0
    >Well, at least you don't use IE/OE for the Usenet.

    Forte Agent is really the best there is.

    >Free Download Manager 2.0
    >There are many, some great, some crap, most spy/adware. I use
    >FileHound.

    This one is safe and may be the most widely used and respected.

    >IrfanView
    >I don't like it, but millions do.

    Small, clean, and will do the basics amazingly fast and hassle free.
    Great to just get a quick look at a pic, pops right open.

    >JGsoft EditPad Lite 6.1.1

    >I used EditPad 6 or 7 years ago. There are thousands of those,
    >and I found three much better ones, all free and each with its
    >own set of features not found anywhere else. (I did NOT try
    >thousands, I did try over 50.)

    This version of EditPad is free also. I also have Metapad. As you
    said, everything was not listed. Which free ones do you currently use?

    >Mozilla Firefox (2.0)
    >I use Opera and OffByOne, but at least you don't use IE.

    Well, I have IE but never use it. The only time I ever use it is to
    update, I just don't care to do it manually.

    >Mozilla Thunderbird (1.5.0.2)
    >As above.

    Yeah, Thunderbird is better than OE but pales in comparison to Forte
    Agent, but I keep Thunderbird to fall back on if ever needed.

    >NTREGOPT 1.1j
    >NF, some are great, some are crap.

    This one is the best, written by an expert in his field, Lars Hederer.
    Simple, uncomplicated, one click and restart and that is it.

    I also use Pagedfrgs, Autoruns, and Process Explorer, RootKitRevealer,
    TCPview, all by Mark Russinovich.

    >OpenOffice.org 2.0
    >Fine.

    Very good.

    >Opera 9.02
    >Fine.

    Very fine and hands down the fastest browser to also have all the
    bells and whistles, plus security. Firefox is okay, but just as slow
    as IE, if not slower.

    >Peter's Ultimate Alarm Clock version 2.0.8
    >Why would anyone need a fucking alarm clock on their computer?
    >Let alone "ultimate"?

    Well, for one thing, it has much more functionality than a regular
    alarm clock. You can set it to skip days, etc... very customizable.
    Also, I have a job and it is nice to get woken up by music that you
    like and have stored on your computer.

    >PhotoFiltre
    >No idea what this is. Not exactly a descriptive name.

    Just another image editing program. Nothing fancy but free and
    sufficiently feature laden to be able to do something with if you ever
    are not using the better ones.

    In fact, I may get rid of this one, I never use it.

    >PowerShell-XP3
    >Sounds like you are not happy with XP defaults. That's a good
    >sign.

    Need more power, need more gadgets, need more buttons.

    >QuickTime Alternative 1.69
    >Fine.

    Agreed.

    >Real Alternative 1.48
    >To real player? Fine.

    Agreed.

    >Robust Internet Speed Booster 4.2.0.0
    >None of those do anything.

    Not really much, but it can ensure that you haven't done anything
    wrong, such as fucking up your RWIN or MTU. More a handy program to
    make sure everything is as it should be.

    >Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.4
    >Fine

    Yeah, I also have Ad-Aware. It was one that wasn't listed.

    >The GIMP 2.2.12
    >Congratulations on not using PS.

    Gimp can do more.

    >Tweak UI
    >Anyone who doesn't have this is beyond help.

    Neat program, limited, very limited but good.

    >VCW VicMan's Photo Editor 7.99
    >You already have GIMP and Irfanview and Photofiltre (whatever
    >that is...)

    Backups, man, backups.

    >Wallpaper Master v2.14
    >I think I tried it once, I prefer Wallpaper Changer.

    Okay, I will take a look at it.

    >Winamp 5.3
    >Boo.

    Come on, Winamp is the shit, man. Winamp all the way, Winamp does it
    like no others do it. Winamp whips the llama's ass.

    >Windows Media Player 10
    >BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

    LOL. I don't use it. I have read about people having problems after
    uninstalling it though, so I thought I would just leave well enough
    alone. Same with IE, uninstall at your own peril is what many have
    found out.

    >XQDC X-Setup Pro 8.1.110

    >No idea what this is.

    This is TweakUI + 10,000. It makes available over 1,800 different
    settings that can be changed within Windows at the click of a button.
    There is a free version of this. If you are interested, try out the
    free version 6.6
    http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/2006/PL2006PROGRAMMING.php

    >XYplorer 5.40
    >No idea what this is.

    This is the real file manager you are telling me to get in the
    paragraph below.

    >Zero Assumption Recovery Version 7.9
    >NF with this one. Probably fine.

    This is a program to retrieve deleted pictures off of a digital camera
    with, recover data from a Raid volume, regular hard drive, etc...

    >You are missing a real file manager. You obviously do not
    >consider MS programs to be much good, and you are absolutely
    >correct. Why you use Windows Explorer is beyond me.

    You should check out XYPlorer, stupid name, but probably the best file
    manager available. It is free for 30 days, you will probably want to
    buy it if you try the updated program and not the free version. I
    could almost guarantee you that you will quit using whatever file
    manager you are currently using.

    Very small program at 2.20MB, nothing written to the registry,
    completely portable, etc... Very intricate and detailed, many, many,
    options available. Continuously under development, responsive
    feedback from creator, Donald Lessau, has been around for years and
    years.

    It used to be called Tracker V3. The tabbed browsing is great.

    Try out the free version first if you are interested and don't care to
    try out programs with a time limitation before buying.

    http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/2006/PL2006FILEUTILITIES.php

    > Maybe you
    >just left a few programs out. Your list appears to be the
    >contents of your add/remove window ("remove only" !) and not all
    >programs show up there, especially many small utilities of which
    >I have dozens and which are among the most valuable programs I
    >use.

    There are a few others, but not many, other than the ones I did
    include in this post that were left out the first time. A few little
    Steve Gibson scripts, System Info by Gabriel Topala, Clone Spy,
    BCWipe, etc...

    But not a whole lot more, no.

    >You also do not appear to have registry/file change monitoring
    >programs or a disk imaging program or a real undeleter.
    >Essential.

    Suggest a couple.

    >You also do not have a dictionary/thesaurus. OTOH, you did not
    >misspell anything in your post.

    They are built into the programs that they are needed in.

    >As you can see, I have WAY too much time on my hands.

    That is what Usenet is for, to waste time, a hobby.

    Altie

    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Nov 21, 2006
  17. On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 02:17:36 -0600, "ellis_jay"
    <> wrote:

    >thanatoid wrote:
    >> Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤ <Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤@dac..com> wrote in

    >> <SNIP, most listed below>

    >> Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.4
    >> Fine

    >> You also do not appear to have registry/file change monitoring
    >> programs

    >Teatimer comes with Spybot S&Destroy and if enabled notifies user of any
    >registry changes-or rather-attempts at changing the registry and asks if you
    >allow or deny.

    I disabled that on installation. Does it slow system performance down
    or have you had any other types of problems with enabling it?

    Altie

    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Nov 21, 2006
  18. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤

    Mr. Arnold4 Guest

    > Why would you even post? What in the hell are you trying to let flow out
    > of those fingertips?

    Basically, what's coming off of my fingertips is that there seems to be
    something wrong with you.

    >>This puts you on par with 7 and Au69 and their God Damn Linux lip
    >>dribble. :)
    >>
    >>Surely, you're better than that.

    > Lighten up, big Arnold4, whoever the **** you may be. A simple little
    > meaningless post like this shouldn't make anyone launch into personal
    > insults. That is, unless you are crazy, bat ass, buzzard.

    Who insulted you? You need to lighten up yourself. If you're thinking
    that I somehow insulted you, then there is something wrong on your part.

    As for Au69 and 7, **** them as they deserve whatever insults come their
    way. They put themselves in that position with their arrogance.

    I have talked with you in the past a couple of times. You seemed to be
    *cool* and of right mind. But now I have to question that, as I have
    seen you head in somewhat of a downward direction over the last few
    months in 24hours.

    Don't get me wrong as I am not really paying attention as to what you
    are doing or posting. But I have noticed you as you're not hard to miss.

    > I wasn't trying to make you buy anything or really even promoting one
    > particular product over any other one, I could give a jackhole if
    > anyone uses any of them or not.

    It has nothing to do with one product or another. It has to do with your
    arrogance in making that original post, which puts you on par with them.

    What's wrong with you? Absolutely, no one cares what you have running on
    your computer, no one. Any clown can post up in 24hours with some off
    the wall post about look at me, look at what I have going, is not it
    greatest.

    Man, no one cares. You shouldn't even care. ;-)

    I am going to leave you to yourself.

    adios muchacho :)

    Mr. Arnold4, Nov 21, 2006
  19. Mr. Arnold4 wrote:
    > Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤ wrote:
    >> On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 02:22:24 GMT, "Mr. Arnold4"
    >> <TheDog@It's-A-Dog'sWorld44.COM> wrote:

    >>> Man or man, what's wrong with you?

    >> Man or man? What is wrong with you? What the hell does man or man
    >> mean?
    >>
    >> Altie

    > That should have been man oh man. But I was laughing to hard to get it
    > right.
    >
    > Really, man why would even post something like that?
    >
    > This puts you on par with 7 and Au69 and their God Damn Linux lip
    > dribble. :)
    >
    > Surely, you're better than that.

    Good Lord, the stuffed shirts doth not get the joke?

    tsk tsk...

    Though my dear Altie, SnD has apparently fallen in rank as of late with
    the anti-spyware Gods... no? In either case CARRY ON!

    Cheers, Beers and Steers?

    Muse De Groops, Nov 21, 2006
  20. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤

    Freezer Guest

    If I don't respond to this thanatoid post, the terrorists win.

    > 7-Zip 4.42
    > Unnecessary, winRAR does it and all the other formats, better
    > and faster.

    I would disagree. 7-Zip isn't signicantly slower than WinRAR,
    doesn't have WinRAR's incredibly annoying habit of extracting
    anything and everything within a folder (even if you pick one file
    out of 100 to be extracted, it still brings the folder with it),
    and has the advantage of being FREE.

    Besides, the 7z format is just as good as RAR, IMHO.

    --
    My name is:
    ____ _

    Freezer, Nov 21, 2006