    that much of a difference to justify purchasing Superbit alone? How do they
    work? Do they have the info in order to better upconvert?

    Thanks!

    John, Oct 20, 2005

  2. John

    Biz Guest

    They just tend to use as much bitrate as they can for the video and most if
    not all have DTS audio....done right that takes space. It is still 480
    resolution, and everyoe I have seen so far has looked better than its not
    superbit version....but you wont see it on 27' tvs, or hear it playing it
    back through the tv speakers or some poor HTIB setup...
    "John" <> wrote in message
    > I currently purchased an HDTV (LG Plasma 50" 50px10).
    >
    > How do superbit DVDs compare to regular DVDs in terms of quality? Is

    there

    Biz, Oct 20, 2005

  3. John

    anthony Guest

    Superbit is just a copyrighted brandname used by Sony to denote that
    maximum disc space has been given to the movie transfer to allow for
    optimal quality.
    Other companies such as Warner Brothers often provide super-bit quality
    without the name. Warner's Ultra High Resolution process for
    transferring old three-strip Technicolor movies wouldn't look half as
    good as they do, if Warner's didn't also ensure high bit-rate
    transfers.

    anthony, Oct 20, 2005