    John Eckart Guest

    I think Superbit is a good idea as I have a HDTV and want DVDs to look as good as possible, but I'm usually weary of getting Superbit discs because I don't like to lose the extra features that normally come on the discs.

    I was wondering, in a normal DVD release, the movie and extras are on one disc, but on a Superbit release they remove the extras so the movie can use the entire DVD. Why don't they add a second disc so the movie is on one disc and the extras are on the other? That way you're not losing anything but gaining quality in the movie.

    John Eckart, Sep 3, 2004

  2. Superbit Deluxe

    Michael Walker, Sep 3, 2004

  3. John Eckart

    Dan P. Guest

    "Michael Walker" <> wrote in message
    news:FtUZc.84460$...
    > Superbit Deluxe

    Or potentially any 2-disk special edition set. Superbit is a 2-disk special
    edition set without the extra disk.

    Dan

    Dan P., Sep 3, 2004
  4. John Eckart

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "John Eckart" <> wrote in message
    > I was wondering, in a normal DVD release, the movie and extras are on

    one disc, but on a Superbit release they remove the extras so the movie
    can use the entire DVD. Why don't they add a second disc so the movie is
    on one disc and the extras are on the other? That way you're not losing
    anything but gaining quality in the movie. <

    "Superbit Deluxe" releases such as Hollow Man, The Patriot, and
    Charlie's Angels do exactly that. You still lose the audio commentary
    from the original release, though.

    Joshua Zyber, Sep 3, 2004